• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

107.9 WNCT playing songs from a couple of years ago

I wish someone at IBX would fix the audio on 107.9. The clipping is as bad as ever and it’s to the point that it sounds scratchy.

Last edited:
Check out 97.9. Whatever they're feeding it with doesn't pass audio above 8000Hz.
94.3's analog sounds muffled, HD sounds great. It's jarring when it switches. Been this way for years.

I genuinely don't think they care.

Check out 97.9. Whatever they're feeding it with doesn't pass audio above 8000Hz.
94.3's analog sounds muffled, HD sounds great. It's jarring when it switches. Been this way for years.

I genuinely don't think they care.
Yes, at times it sounds over modulated that's a Dann Miller thing. He handles all the processing 079. I know they been working on it quite a bit. Trying to get it right

Yes, at times it sounds over modulated that's a Dann Miller thing. He handles all the processing 079. I know they been working on it quite a bit. Trying to get it right
Not the New Bern 97.9. I was referring to IBX’s 97.9 in Greenville. It’s a translator for 94.3-HD2. You can see the frequency response brick walling at 8k on a spectrum analyzer.

It needs more work. 107.9 sounds as bad as ever, it clips so much it sounds like scratchy vinyl. The stream doesn’t sound like that at all, it sounds great.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom