• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

106.1 HD2

Just checked 106.1 HD2 and it is broadcasting smooth jazz again. 1480AM continues with the kids radio format and they even have promos that mention the HD2 channel. Found it weird...

Just checked 106.1 HD2 and it is broadcasting smooth jazz again. 1480AM continues with the kids radio format and they even have promos that mention the HD2 channel. Found it weird...

I can't even keep track anymore. Aside from the internet, is Smooth Jazz JJZ broadcasting anywhere else? I mean, I have enjoyed the Smooth Jazz format for years and years but is it feasible to expect iHeart to maintain a station just so it can broadcast on an HD2 channel in one market?

Seems like they have 1480 as a wild card to play with for any special instance. Pope radio, children's radio, election day radio, etc... And in the meantime they keep the smooth jazz. Frankly without a translator I don't see much use for a station like that other than selling on air time to some church, doctor, magician or so.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom