• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

102.7 The Beach - WMXJ

Anyone know why Audacy can't keep HD running on this station? Doesn't seem to be an issue for the other Audacy stations.

I moved here in March and it's only been on a few times and was back off shortly thereafter. It's the only station in my presets with no HD and I rarely listen because analog radio just sounds bad compared to HD.

Miami FM's are really hit-and-miss with HD signals. 101.5 WLYF rarely transmits in HD as well. For the secondary signals, "Channel Q" on WPOW-hd3 and "Pride Radio" on WBGG-hd3 both have the low audio levels and poor sound quality.

On the other hand, WMIA-hd2 "Party 93.5", WFEZ-h2 "Party 93.1" and WFLC-hd2 "97.3 The Coast" sound pretty good.

Miami FM's are really hit-and-miss with HD signals. 101.5 WLYF rarely transmits in HD as well. For the secondary signals, "Channel Q" on WPOW-hd3 and "Pride Radio" on WBGG-hd3 both have the low audio levels and poor sound quality.

On the other hand, WMIA-hd2 "Party 93.5", WFEZ-h2 "Party 93.1" and WFLC-hd2 "97.3 The Coast" sound pretty good.
Agree with all of this. I wish Pride Radio on WBGG had better sound quality as it is one of my favorites. Seems like it sounded much better before it moved. It's so bad here that I stream it instead of use the HD signal. I have previously lived in Houston and Columbus OH, both where the sound quality was excellent.

Not that many people listen to the hd2 and 3's but, having it on WHYI seemed like a more logical place for it to be format-wise. You mentioned better quality in Columbus and Houston. Same in both Orlando and Tampa the audio quality of Pride radio over-the-air is much better. Pride Radio Orlando actually has pride-specific commercials as well as traffic and weather.

Back
Top Bottom