• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

1010 the BEAST???!!!

ct2874

Inactive
Inactive User
In a further effort to alienate their already dwindling audience since switching formats for the forty-leven millionth time in the past seven years, 1010 Sports is now deciding to give themselves a very corny moniker--the Beast ::). This is obviously either a blatant rip-off of or a half-hearted knock on the Sports Animal (which darn sure isn't what it used to be). I thought that maybe this time that CBS would finally be able to grasp a firm hold on the sports radio biz here, but it looks like once again that they're jumping the shark.

With the signal that station has they're calling themselves 1010 the beast? How about 1010 the you gotta be kidding ;D

I'm thinking of another word that begins with a "B"; since that's what that station is to every other one in town. How bout the Sports Bitc, ok nevermind!

we know what you mean, Bill. LOL. By the way, sounds like they're really hurting for ad dollars (then again, who isn't?). Don't know if this is any indication but on Thursday night, almost every single local spot during commercial from Sporting News Radio included an ad for NY Yankees Spring Training tickets. Makes me wonder if it weren't for Steinbrenner throwing his money away at them...ERRRRR...tossing 1010 a bone or two if that station wouldn't have gone another format change already...

lol,,no, George is simply reminding CBS about selling him the Yanks in 73..for what in todays money equals 24 dollars and a handful of beads...

The Beast? Featuring Chicks? Aren't the Sport Chix supposed to be good looking? know they've aged. Haven't we all? But for girls to call themselves Beasts? Wow. that's good to be rough.

B

If you have seen any recent pictures of the girls, then you would know the moniker fits.

All kidding aside, they have access to NFL Thursday Night Football, one of the rare times that a national game is not accessible via TV to much of the area, due to the ongoing battle between NFL Network vs Cable.

With that in mind, wouldnt you think that they'd be able to cover up all those National Public Service Announcements with local ads?

um..no.

Wow. Aside from a couple of Kohl's spots,.... I found out more ways to help mankind through charity than I thought possible....

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom