• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

“Yabba Dabba Doozey!” Fox is coming to “Bedrock”

Oh good lord….
I know what you mean the last time Flintstones was made it was in movie form in 1994 and 2000.

They already turned some of Top Cat's crew female in the HBO Max series Jellystone!.

The last animated Flintstones was in 1994 as a Christmas special. As far as a Jetsons reboot there was a Live-Action Jetsons reboot set at ABC a few years ago but they passed on the idea thank goodness.

This Flintstones reboot is supposed to be more adult it says so you can just imagine it's going to be Fred and Barny farting in front of Wilma and Betty or Pebbles and sick jokes like they do on Family Guy. Nobody wants to see a Flintstones reboot like this like no one we wanted a Scooby Doo reboot in the form of Velma.

The last Flintstones outing was the HBO Max series Yabba Dabba Dinosaurs, which focused mainly on Pebbles and Bamm-Bamm. Prior there was a 2015 DVD called The Flintstones: WWE Stone Age Smackdown. Then before that, there was a 2001 Cartoon Network special called The Flintstones: On The Rocks, then Fred was the center of an episode of The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy in 2006 (Betty and Barney had a cameo during the credits).

Last edited:
Not sure, but I think it was in the last ten years.

Apparently there was a six-episode series about the Rubbles produced for Cartoon Network Latin America in 2002.

Last edited:
So Fox is proposing to do a sequel to the "Pebbles and Bam Bam Show" from the early seventies... In all honesty, since I'm rewatching the original "Flintstones" episodes on Blu-Ray, I probably will give this a look if it actually makes it on the air.

A Honeymooners reboot has been in development hell for CBS since last January.

Don't give them any ideas :D
I loved the "Honeymooners" in the 50's and love watching the reruns now. It was the simplicity and the actors (esp Gleason and Carney) that made that show. I cannot imagine how a reboot could capture that.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom