• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Boston Radio Ratings April 2018

RKO starts to tank as Krazy K0000000nah returns from vacation....

They are in a statistical tie in 12+, just as they have been a number of times recently.

My guess (without looking deeper at the numbers), a statistical tie where one (wbz) dominates by cume...and the other (WBUR) has a TSL that WBZ could only wish for. ;-)

My guess (without looking deeper at the numbers), a statistical tie where one (wbz) dominates by cume...and the other (WBUR) has a TSL that WBZ could only wish for. ;-)

I'd bet that's true. NPR stations tend to have high TSL, somewhat a function of the older demo. But also a function of no commercials.

I'd bet that's true. NPR stations tend to have high TSL, somewhat a function of the older demo. But also a function of no commercials.

What was the old WINS slogan... give us 10 minutes, we'll give you the world... or something like that.

WBZ's news wheel isn't much more than that, before it repeats itself.

Outside of updated traffic reports, what is the reason to listen to WBZ for more than 20 minutes?

One Kars 4 Kids spot will cut the TSL to near nothing....

I'd also say that it is a function of longer form programming.

I looked at the data for San Francisco, where KQED in April in 12+ got a 8.7 to KCBS's 5.4. Yet both stations had nearly identical cume, meaning that the difference is exclusively TSL.

KCBS is constructed on the base of the original Westinghouse "Give us 22 minutes..." as are nearly all all-news stations today. So by design, listening is going to be for shorter periods of time. It's intentional and works to the commercial model of optimizing both reach and frequency.

RKO schedule still shows "Shortsleeve and Shack" listed for Sunday at 1pm - yet - RKO has yet to promo the show. They were on the schedule for last week as well, but their program never aired.

Did they have the genealogy show again?

Did they have the genealogy show again?

I don't listen to RKO (except for....during the week Howie, Joe Pags, Coast to Coast and on the weekend (only at nite)...Gun Talk, Cigar Dave, Coast to Coast, Kim Komando, Bill Cunningham....when is this genealogy show on? Is that in place of "Nancy" and Joe?

I heard bits and pieces a couple of weeks ago. It wasn't bad. Certainly different from the plethora of "financial advice" shows which seem to assault my ears on weekends. One guy telling you at 9am annuities are the best thing since sliced bread. Then at 10am, someone telling you annuities are the work of the devil. Followed by someone selling you whole life insurance because its the cure all for investing. Then the next guy telling you term is better, whole life is a rip off.

I miss the days of Talk 96.9, where I could listen weekends to many hours of non-financial-advice shows. I spent many an hour on the roof of my house working on reshingling while entertained by the Phantom Gourmet guys.

I miss the days of Talk 96.9, where I could listen weekends to many hours of non-financial-advice shows. I spent many an hour on the roof of my house working on re-shingling while entertained by the Phantom Gourmet guys.

You and me both, brother! (In my case, not re-shingling, just enjoying and LMAO at The Brothers Andelman, and even Mel Robbins, out there as she was at times.

Alas, the Jim and Margery on high-brow 89.7 are not the same Jim and Margery who cavorted mornings on 96.9 WTKK.

Does anyone know if WWBX still maintains the 80s station on its HD2? I was there this week and couldn't receive it, but don't know if that's because it's off air or the reception just wasn't strong enough. WMJX's HD's were coming in well. Having said that, WMJX is a great station. Very well run AC.

Does anyone know if WWBX still maintains the 80s station on its HD2? I was there this week and couldn't receive it, but don't know if that's because it's off air or the reception just wasn't strong enough. WMJX's HD's were coming in well. Having said that, WMJX is a great station. Very well run AC.

No, WWBX HD2 is now a rebroadcast of WAAF. Since Entercom now owns it, they're trying to improve the reception of WAAF in Boston for the few people listening to HD radio.

"Sandy" and Joe still on the RKO schedule......still not airing.....how long does a program have to appear on a schedule before it actually airs, sheesh!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom