• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

am970 The Answer

Status
Not open for further replies.
With Prager, it’s more than just entertainment, or so he purports—He’s writing books on the Bible. Prager probably believes that his radio show is the greater good and he prays that God won’t judge him harshly for whoring himself out to gold sponsors and others.

Be very worried when Dennis starts signing bibles

Why the regular focus and speculation that Salem must be hiding some great loss or business failure? They manage their bottom line for their business with the current economic realities, and taking all pieces of the larger organization into account.

Why the regular focus and speculation that Salem must be hiding some great loss or business failure? They manage their bottom line for their business with the current economic realities, and taking all pieces of the larger organization into account.

Joe Piscopo has stated that am970 is a huge financial success, but I simply don’t see how it’s possible given the station’s low listenership and paucity of sponsors.

Joe Piscopo has stated that am970 is a huge financial success, but I simply don’t see how it’s possible given the station’s low listenership and paucity of sponsors.

As has been explained for you previously, Salem sells its talk format stations as a group through its own national rep firm and operates the stations quite frugally. They are profitable.

As has been explained for you previously, Salem sells its talk format stations as a group through its own national rep firm and operates the stations quite frugally. They are profitable.

I believe am970 is a money-loser. I could be wrong, but, I don’t see it being the financial juggernaut portrayed by Piscopo.

I believe am970 is a money-loser. I could be wrong, but, I don’t see it being the financial juggernaut portrayed by Piscopo.

Let me guess, you are a Liberal and an agnostic...and don't understand anything that does not align with your own thinking.

That should be enough to re-enforce any of the things you are attributing to Salem...without any facts.

Let me guess, you are a Liberal and an agnostic...and don't understand anything that does not align with your own thinking.

That should be enough to re-enforce any of the things you are attributing to Salem...without any facts.

The facts are am970 has few listeners and sponsors, so, what accounts for their alleged immense financial success?

Why do you care? You either like them or you don't. If you don't, there are lots of other choices.

Um, isn’t this a radio forum?
Heh heh heh. It is, isn't it.

When Salem carries outside hosts, those hosts or their networks usually pay for the time. I would think Piscopo is paying for his slot on WNYM and selling his own time, unless he attracts way more ad revenue on his own than Salem can get carrying Hewitt (unlikely). In that scenario, Piscopo is his own promoter, hence the over-the-top rhetoric.

Host-voiced commercials are just that. Paid announcements; not to be taken seriously. Most listeners get this. (Though I guess enough don't in order to make the ads worth the money to slot them.)

Brokered revenue is likely why WNYM chops up Prager and Gorka's shows and runs Hewitt on a 21-hour delay. Gallagher is reportedly Salem's highest rated show on its conservative talk stations, but even his first hour runs delayed on WNYM.

Follow the $.

Um, isn’t this a radio forum?

Sure and you've been given lots of answers to your question from lots of people, yet you still keep asking the same question.

Somewhere in the four pages of comments is the answer you seek. Just read and you'll find out.

If you want the truth, don't listen to Joe Piscopo. He does not have "the answer."

Heh heh heh. It is, isn't it.

When Salem carries outside hosts, those hosts or their networks usually pay for the time. I would think Piscopo is paying for his slot on WNYM and selling his own time, unless he attracts way more ad revenue on his own than Salem can get carrying Hewitt (unlikely). In that scenario, Piscopo is his own promoter, hence the over-the-top rhetoric.

Host-voiced commercials are just that. Paid announcements; not to be taken seriously. Most listeners get this. (Though I guess enough don't in order to make the ads worth the money to slot them.)

Brokered revenue is likely why WNYM chops up Prager and Gorka's shows and runs Hewitt on a 21-hour delay. Gallagher is reportedly Salem's highest rated show on its conservative talk stations, but even his first hour runs delayed on WNYM.

Follow the $.

Interesting. Thanks for the insights. Salem hosts do conduct themselves like independent contractors. Kevin McCullough, for example, hosts Balance Of Nature cure-all pill infomercials broadcast on other stations, which also sponsors his show and which has “guest” appearances on his show. Joe Piscopo had Mike Lindell, owner of My Pillow, a sponsor, co-host an entire 4-hour show and tweeted out photos of him and Lindell. The owner of Balance Of Nature, a sponsor, also appears on Piscopo’s show as a guest and, of course, Piscopo swears by the amazing health benefits he experiences by taking the pills. He literally pleads with listeners to respond to sponsors. Dennis Prager personally endorsed a gold sponsor rather excessively by saying he did business with the sponsor, until a new gold sponsor appeared and Prager began personally endorsing them, claiming he had a new investment strategy—Riiight! Never mind that listeners may have been suckered into buying gold from the previous sponsor because of Prager’s endorsement. And, this is a “Christian” media company!

Never mind that listeners may have been suckered into buying gold from the previous sponsor because of Prager’s endorsement. And, this is a “Christian” media company!

In most cases, hosts are not forced to do endorsements.

if he is like most hosts, he will look at the company and see if he can honestly recommend them.

In this case, he probably did, and decided he could endorse them without a moral conflict.

Many Conservatives are "gold bugs"...so it is not out of place even on a "Christian Station".

Not sure what you see as a problem....but you apparently are looking for things to bash because of your own beliefs.

Christians are not anti-commerce.

In most cases, hosts are not forced to do endorsements.

if he is like most hosts, he will look at the company and see if he can honestly recommend them.

In this case, he probably did, and decided he could endorse them without a moral conflict.

Many Conservatives are "gold bugs"...so it is not out of place even on a "Christian Station".

Not sure what you see as a problem....but you apparently are looking for things to bash because of your own beliefs.

Christians are not anti-commerce.

Prager, who I happen to like, elevates himself to being a model of ethics and morals. Gold is a crappy investment and Prager should not be pushing the average listener to buy gold by going out of his way to say he buys gold and from such and such a gold peddler.

Prager, who I happen to like, elevates himself to being a model of ethics and morals. Gold is a crappy investment and Prager should not be pushing the average listener to buy gold by going out of his way to say he buys gold and from such and such a gold peddler.

A case could be made for, as an example, a station talent voicing ads for Fiat. Consumer Reports ranks Fiat products as the worst in satisfaction and reliability... yet they advertise.

Gold is not an investment for everyone. It is, however, one of the easiest and longest-standing hedge investments and some people use it as part of an investment portfolio. There is nothing wrong with investing in gold if you know why you are doing it. And there is, thus, nothing wrong with advertising gold as an investment.

I'd rather by gold than a Fiat.

Last edited:
Gold is a crappy investment a

So are banks. But, that's an opinion. Some people want gold as a hedge...and that's a personal decision. And like I said, some people want it based on their own personal philosophy, which many conservatives hold.

and Prager should not be pushing the average listener to buy gold

I'm sure there's a disclaimer, something like:

"...makes no guarantee or warranty on the accuracy or completeness of the data provided on this site. Nothing contained herein is intended or shall be deemed to be investment advice, implied or otherwise. This website represents our views and nothing more than that. Always consult your registered advisor to assist you with your investments. We accept no liability for any loss arising from the use of the data contained on this website. We may or may not hold a position in these securities at any given time and reserve the right to buy and sell as we think fit."

In others words, "If you want to buy gold, these people are honest folks who I trust and I deal with...and I have purchased from them.

There's nothing wrong or unethical with that endorsement.

So are banks. But, that's an opinion. Some people want gold as a hedge...and that's a personal decision. And like I said, some people want it based on their own personal philosophy, which many conservatives hold.

I'm sure there's a disclaimer, something like:

"...makes no guarantee or warranty on the accuracy or completeness of the data provided on this site. Nothing contained herein is intended or shall be deemed to be investment advice, implied or otherwise. This website represents our views and nothing more than that. Always consult your registered advisor to assist you with your investments. We accept no liability for any loss arising from the use of the data contained on this website. We may or may not hold a position in these securities at any given time and reserve the right to buy and sell as we think fit."

In others words, "If you want to buy gold, these people are honest folks who I trust and I deal with...and I have purchased from them.

There's nothing wrong or unethical with that endorsement.

Banks pay interest, gold doesn’t. Warren Buffett owns stocks of several banks, but, doesn’t own gold. Gold is a hedge against the end of the world, which, if that happens, won’t be helped by owning gold. Prager, who calls himself a biblical scholar, shouldn’t be scaring people about Armageddon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom