• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

WBAI Struggles

I could name a million other more useful places to donate money.

That's fine. I hope you donate your money where you feel it does the most good.

These people made their choice. It's their money, and they can donate it wherever they wish. Nothing sad about it.

More important and more useful were not on my list of three (3) requirements.
I tip service people who are overly helpful to me,
not because they adopt stray cats or are hungry.

You said, and I quote, "can you name one other cause that would benefit you personally, directly, and continually other than public radio and tv." Saint Judes does just that as I have relatives who are alive today because of them.
How about political contributions? Humane Society? Your local church? Are you arguing public radio and tv are the ONLY thing which continually and personally benefit us when we support them?

What I was trying to say is it can be argued that there are more important issues facing our society than whether WBAI, and Pacifica survive. I think I clearly stated that I value community radio and the access it offers to those who usually don't have access to the airwaves. But there really are more immediately important issues that progressives should address before donating money to a radio station that shills health care products.
But I dunno...I might be wrong.

That's fine. I hope you donate your money where you feel it does the most good.

These people made their choice. It's their money, and they can donate it wherever they wish. Nothing sad about it.

Completely agree. What is "useful" and what is "sad" is subjective.

But there really are more immediately important issues that progressives should address before donating money to a radio station that shills health care products.

Keep in mind the people who made the donation live in Berkeley California, so they don't listen to WBAI. They were donating to the Pacifica Foundation, based there. The Foundation owns WBAI, among five stations.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom