• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Looking for Soft Rock Stations

The repetition on the Joy 99.5 station is not quite as bad as the Amazing Lite Music station is. Joy 99.5 knows how to mix their rotation better.

I can't think of any AC stations actually calling themselves “Adult Contemporary” on the air, or “Contemporary”-anything. Aside from the brand names like “Lite” and “Magic”, most just call it “Soft Rock”, “Today’s Hits and Yesterday’s Favorites”, “______’s Variety Station”, or the even more generic “_______’s Music Station”.

"Soft Rock", "Today's Hits and Yesterday's Favorites" yeah right. It's "the top 30 2010-2014 hits with about 20 scattered 1980s and about 50 scattered 1990s/2000s hits all in one, combined with commercials, contests and live remotes." God I love Soft AC/Smooth Jazz format stations...

-crainbebo

"Soft Rock", "Today's Hits and Yesterday's Favorites" yeah right. It's "the top 30 2010-2014 hits with about 20 scattered 1980s and about 50 scattered 1990s/2000s hits all in one, combined with commercials, contests and live remotes." God I love Soft AC/Smooth Jazz format stations...

-crainbebo

Ah. I see my Unregistered comments finally went through.

Anyway, back to the subject...

That's why I switched to listening to Internet-only Soft Rock/AC stations. Most of the stations I've come across have a wider variety on their playlists. Many of them still include 1960s and 1970s music along with 1980s, 1990s, 2000s, and 2010s. Some include indie label artists. Some will play album tracks in addition to hits. I love that I don't have to hear annoying DJs, commercials, and other chatter. Since I don't have any way of listening to the streams in my car, I listen to CDs while I drive.

In addition to Soft Rock/AC, I was raised on Beautiful Music stations that would mix in Easy Listening vocals. I seek out streams of those as well.

Last edited:
KAHM 102.1 Prescott, AZ is still Beautiful Music to this day!
They have a stream at: http://www.kahm.info/
Also B/EZ on WAVV 101.1 in SW Florida, but looks like no stream :(

I don't usually listen to Easy Listening, if I want something similar to that I go for smooth jazz stations, which are FAR and FEW between now. Try K279BP 103.7 Albuquerque, NM (KOAZ, The Oasis) at 1037theoasis.com for a real good smooth jazz format. If any of you B/EZ and Soft AC guys remember the old Jones Smooth Jazz format (died in Sep 2008) this station sounds like the old JRN format so much...Steve Hibbard (formerly Steve Michaels) is the PD at KOAZ, he used to be the PD at Jones SJ.

The Amazing Lite Music station I mentioned has been playing another Tony Bennett duet with Lady Gaga, Anything Goes. It's one of a small handful of standards the station includes in their AC mix. As the station advertises on their web page, they won’t give you a headache like some other stations that just call themselves “lite” and are anything but.

Wide Awake is one of the few songs I'm able to tolerate by Katy Perry.
Then it is possible that is a song which would work on "soft rock" radio.

"Roar" may be another. I forget that one when I'm thinking about what her songs are.

I was in a department store yesterday and right after one of those songs that could be country but probably isn't and shouldn't be on country radio even if it is, I heard either Michael Buble or Harry Connick Jr.

"Roar" is one of Katy's more uptempo tracks. I find it kind of annoying.

Roar is annoying to me - why? Because ACs air it 3 times a day every day just like Maroon 5, Imagine Dragons and some burnt-to-a-crisp Cyndi Lauper song called "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun".

-crainbebo

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom