• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Oldest Extant Off-Air VHS/Beta Tape You Have

A wrestling kind of estate sale this Saturday afternoon, near downtown Yakima. Six tapes found, five keepers. This should be profitable when I get them up to eBay. Wanted $2.00 a tape, in this day and age, kind of expensive. Had over 5,000 LPs - mostly country, gospel, '50s pop, LOTS of country K-Tel records and Time-Life...

Tape 1 - WCW Clash of the Champions taped off TBS on 1/13/1994 with some commercials (some edited out). Fuji T-120
Tape 2 - WCW Clash of the Champions taped off TBS on 1/25/1995 with commercials. Memorex T-120
Tape 3 - Partial episode of The Beverly Hillbillies, Sanford & Son and WCW Clash of the Champions taped off TBS 8/18/1993 with commercials. Memorex T-120
Tape 4 - WCW Clash of the Champions taped off TBS 1/13/1993 with some commercials. Maxell T-120
Tape 5 - WCW Clash of the Champions taped off TBS 1/27/1994 with commercials. Fuji T-120
A sixth tape with Super Bowl 24 had no commercials, no halftime show and was a 2nd or even 3rd-generation copy.

A moving sale earlier today had VHS tapes in the description, but all I saw was retail stuff.

Do you know if the Super Bowl tape was recorded from WUSA in Washington D.C.? I once found a recording of that game with no ads or halftime show that appeared to have been copied from another tape. It would be interesting if it was the same recording and it was on a trading circuit or something.

No IDs as far as I can tell on that Super Bowl dud tape. Too bad, I was hoping to see the 1990 commercials and maybe some local stuff from KIMA, and maybe perhaps the premiere of Grand Slam afterwards. That is the thrill of hitting sale after sale, because one might have a dozen duds, but another delivers 1980s goodies. The WCW tapes should fetch a pretty penny when I get them up to eBay, 'sold as blank' of course. WWF and WCW fans will fight over a bid.

Two more finds made today at an estate sale. There were three tapes, one was a dud with no commercials. All the tapes were FREE...2nd time in a month that I've found free blank tapes. Perhaps this will be the trend - 'they're not worth anything, you can have them for free...' If they have cartoons, wrestling, MTV, old SNL's...uhhh, guess again. They are worth something.
Did not attempt to go to Zillah for their 15th annual city-wide sale, as last year out of 75-something homes, only one had tapes - and the traffic was awful.

Tape 1 - 'The Bedford Incident' (1965) and part of 'Rough Cut' (1980) taped from Encore on 10/20/1998 with promos in between (SP mode). Fuji T-120
Tape 2 - 'The Creature Walks Among Us' (1956) taped off KTZZ-22 Seattle in September 1988 with commercials; 'The Thing' (1951) taped off TNT 11/28/1992 with commercials (MonsterVision - think this is the first time I've found a movie from this block. And it was colorized, too! Great find. Multiple cable-inserted commercials for the Seattle area, the woman used to live near Olympia.) Scotch T-120

Next week is the big rummage sale at West Valley Church of the Nazarene. I go here every year (it's usually held in March but was moved to April due to the snowy winter we've had) and usually find keepers. Last year was bad however, I only found one keeper out of five, the other four were rental duds. I hope if anyone is listening...donate your wooden holders and basements full of blank tapes to this sale - and I will most definitely buy them. A plus if you have Betamax cassettes, too!
I usually donate stuff to the church every year - things that I can't sell on eBay for months at a time will just be donated away.

More finds at a senior living community's rummage sale in Medina earlier today. Picked up eight tapes total, but only two keepers. There were several others that I left behind. Mostly movie titles on the labels and most of the movie recordings I found on the ones I got were copied from rentals.

TAPE 1: Perry Como's Christmas in Austria (1976 NBC special) taped from the Family Channel in December 1997 with commercials, including a couple of ads for local Southern California businesses. TDK T-120.

TAPE 2: Masterpiece Classic ("Persuasion") taped from WVIZ in Cleveland on 1/13/2008; last part of Tess of the D'Urbervilles on Masterpiece Classic taped from WVIZ on 1/11/2009 with promos afterward; partially taped-over two-part season finale of NCIS and partial final episode of Shark taped from WOIO in Cleveland on 5/20/2008 with commercials; part of the 61st Annual Tony Awards taped from WOIO on 6/10/2007 with commercials. Fuji T-120.

It was a busy day for me, too. Another massive haul of tapes brought home. This includes a dozen keepers at the local church. I've never seen more blanks than I did today. Had to leave another 25-30 behind! Also found a couple of tapes at two other sales.

Church sale
Tape 1 - 'Enemy of the State' (1998) and first minute of 11PM news taped off KAPP/ABC on 5/25/2002 with commercials. TDK T-120
Tape 2 - 'Toy Story 2' (1999) taped off KAPP/ABC 10/18/2003 with commercials, in SP mode. Scotch T-120
Tape 3 - End of 3rd Rock from the Sun and finale of Star Trek: Voyager taped off KCYU-LP 68 on 5/27/2001 with commercials (they aired Voyager even though they weren't affiliated with UPN...how did this work?); partial broadcast of 'The Railway Children'/Masterpiece Theatre taped off KYVE/PBS on 11/12/2000 with Instant Focus segments afterwards. TDK T-120
Tape 4 - 'The Shaggy D.A.' (1976) copied from Walt Disney rental tape, after it ends there's a partial broadcast of One Life to Live taped off KVEW/ABC in April 1992 with commercials, copied from the 2nd VCR used to pull off the retail tape. TDK T-120
Tape 5 - End of ABC World News Tonight, 'Brian's Song' (2001) and Alias taped off KAPP/ABC 12/2/2001 with commercials; CSI credits and episode of The Agency taped off KIMA/CBS 10/18/2001 with commercials. Sony T-120
Tape 6 - Very recent tape...'Prelude to a Kiss' (1992) taped off Encore Love sometime in 2012; 'Captain America' (2011) taped off EPIX in January 2013; 'Sherlock Holmes' (2009) taped off Encore Suspense in 2012; and an episode of Alfred Hitchcock Presents taped off Encore Suspense on 7/3/2012 with promos.
Tape 7 - 'Chitty Chitty Bang Bang' (1968) and first few minutes of Alias taped off KAPP/ABC 8/31/2003 with commercials. Gemini T-120, taped over late 1980s Matlock episode
Tape 8 - End of Coach, 'Unforgiven' (1992) and KAPP Local News at 11 taped off KAPP/ABC 2/20/1997 with commercials, rest of tape erased. Memorex T-120
Tape 9 - Another recent tape, Dish DVR recordings: 'Moneyball' (2011) taped off Starz on 6/16/2013; 'Hope Springs' (2012) taped off Starz on 4/12/2013; 'Intolerable Cruelty' (2003) taped off HBO2 on 9/16/2012; ends with episode of The Bob Newhart Show taped off KAPP-DT2 (MeTV) 5/31/2013 with commercials and a few minutes of 6/19/2013 Northwest Cable News. TDK T-120
Tape 10 - What a find! Starts with some commercials and start of 'Total Recall' (1990) taped off KAPP/ABC sometime in 1995 or 1996, then cuts over to 'Miracle on 34th Street' (1947), colorized, taped off K60EB (known as KEBB on air) Yakima in December 1997 with commercials (the *very* unknown WB affiliate in town during the mid-late '90s). SWEET! Most of the 'local' breaks consisted of direct-response 800 stuff. Also on this tape: Frosty the Snowman and Frosty Returns taped off KIMA/CBS 12/11/1998 with commercials; The Year Without a Santa Claus taped off KIMA/CBS 12/12/1998 with commercials; Mickey's Christmas Carol taped off KIMA/CBS 12/18/1998 with commercials; and reverts back to K60EB for the end of Beverly Hills 90210, Nick Freno: Licensed Teacher and The Parent 'Hood episodes taped in December 1997 with commercials. BTW, they didn't even bother to produce a local ID or even sold commercials it seemed by Yakima businesses, just 800 numbers and the very occasional PSA. TDK T-120
Tape 11 - Game 6 of the 2003 NBA Finals (where San Antonio won it all) and part of Entertainment Tonight Weekend taped off KAPP/ABC 6/15/2003 with commercials; partial episode of Star Trek: Enterprise and start of That '70s Show taped off KCYU-LP 68 sometime in May 2003 with commercials; part of 'The Whole Nine Yards' (2000) taped off KIMA/CBS on 4/6/2003, don't think any commercials were included.
Tape 12 - End of Entertainment Tonight Weekend and 'Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone' (2001) taped off KAPP/ABC 5/9/2004 with commercials; ends with part of 'Made in America' (1993) copied from rental. Recoton T-120

Yard sale
Tape 13 - 'A Bug's Life' (1998) and partial broadcast of Dave the Barbarian taped off Disney Channel in February 2004 with a couple intershow segments. Maxell T-120 taped over multiple times.

Fundraiser sale
Tape 14 - 'Blazing Saddles' (1974) taped off Showtime on 5/5/1986 with promos before the movie; 'Racing with the Saddle' (1984) taped off Showtime sometime in May 1986; 'Shogun Ninja' (1980) taped off Showtime 5/7/1986 with a couple of promos before the movie and a bunch more afterwards. Memorex T-120 in hard case.

Star Trek: Voyager airing on Fox affiliates in markets without UPN affiliates was not uncommon. KMTF in Helena, KDSM in Des Moines and WFXR in Roanoke were among such cases.

I don't have Dish Network, so I wouldn't know this for sure, but isn't it a bit unusual for a MeTV affiliate to be carried through that service? I didn't think DirecTV or Dish Network carried any of the digital subchannel networks, although I'm pretty sure they still carry WSJV in South Bend for subscribers in that market even after the station switched from Fox to H&I. I would have thought they wouldn't have carried Northwest Cable News either since it's a cable network that's specific to one particular region or state.

He used 35.2 over the air to record Bob Newhart. Not unusual.
Dish Network used to carry NWCN for a few years, of course they are now defunct, but they were placed on channel 3 in the Central WA lineup. I think they were on Dish channel 2 on the west side, like Comcast. 2 is now blank on Comcast Seattle, it jumps from 1 (On Demand) to 3 (KWPX).
Sure was surreal to find something from K60EB today. What's also weird is their overnight programming. They had a mix of barter syndication and WB in 1997-98, and late nights all their programming was sourced by Germany's Deutsche Welle TV! They used to be on C-Band satellite in the clear, probably why. Who in Yakima would care about German news and reports? 3 people, maybe? Their 'ID' was a scroll across the bottom of the screen that said "KEBB CHANNEL 60" every half-hour or so. No city of license, or real translator calls. They were owned by Hispanavision, which runs a couple of low-power Spanish stations here (like KYPK-LD, which airs Azteca America). I'm looking forward to posting this one-of-a-kind tape towards the end of 2019, as it's holiday related.

Last edited:
Was "KEBB" a completely made-up call sign? Were they OK to use it as the translator's on-screen name just as long as the real KEBB (if there was one at the time) didn't complain?

Star Trek: Voyager airing on Fox affiliates in markets without UPN affiliates was not uncommon. KMTF in Helena, KDSM in Des Moines and WFXR in Roanoke were among such cases.

I don't have Dish Network, so I wouldn't know this for sure, but isn't it a bit unusual for a MeTV affiliate to be carried through that service? I didn't think DirecTV or Dish Network carried any of the digital subchannel networks, although I'm pretty sure they still carry WSJV in South Bend for subscribers in that market even after the station switched from Fox to H&I. I would have thought they wouldn't have carried Northwest Cable News either since it's a cable network that's specific to one particular region or state.

Dish does carry some of the diginets now but not back in 2013
diginets carried on Dish
Bounce
Buzzr
Comet
GetTV
Grit
Laff
Justice
MeTV....if you get MeTV via your locals on satellite the national feed is blacked out. This only applies to markets where MeTv is carried on the -1 of locals

I believe LAFF is carried on one of the ex-Superstation channels, 237? Was that the old WWOR? I can't remember. I never got to see those superstations - my grandparents who live in the lower valley have Dish, but never subscribed to the Superstations. WWOR *should* have been a given as we had no UPN in town.

As for the 'KEBB' channel 60, it was a blue scroll every half-hour, maybe less, of the fake calls and channel number. I can't believe they got away without a city-of-license or whatever. During Beverly Hills 90210 (syndicated rerun), they ran a direct-response ad, and then ran at least a half-minute of BLACK. Then during Nick Freno, the spot in between the last commercial and the credits where WB stations inserted their ID, they left a 'WB' bumper on the screen, straight from the network feed. No local ID, no 'you're watching WB60...' none of that. This is LPTV at its worst (or finest...whatever you'd like!) That WB bumper with Michigan J. Frog can be seen on this mix of C-Band feed commercials from 1997: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXayR69h5V4
KEBB was NOT CARRIED ON CABLE. Only over-the-air. The listings were shown in the Yakima Herald, so that's probably why he taped Miracle on 34th Street, it was in the Sunday paper and he wanted it in his video library.

Even the LPTV Fox was ran so much better in the '90s, KCYU-LP 68 (now 41). But they were quite the laughable station in their early days on channel 53 (K53CY). Most programming came from KAYU Spokane with a few differences due to Yakima duplication.

Channel 60 used to affiliate with Channel America (the early '90s LPTV network) prior to The WB. They went to obscure Spanish programming by 1998-99, CBS TeleNoticias for example. And by the early 2000s they were affiliated with mun2, now NBC Universo. Now it's two different stations, KWYT-LD (Estrella) and KYPK-LD (Azteca/LATV).

I believe LAFF is carried on one of the ex-Superstation channels, 237? Was that the old WWOR? I can't remember. I never got to see those superstations - my grandparents who live in the lower valley have Dish, but never subscribed to the Superstations. WWOR *should* have been a given as we had no UPN in town.
WWOR is 238. The Supers (which are no longer available for purchase) are 233-236 & 238 (KTLA, WPIX, KWGN, WSBK & WWOR). 237 use to be TBS back in the day with WGN at 239 (still is there)

Was "KEBB" a completely made-up call sign? Were they OK to use it as the translator's on-screen name just as long as the real KEBB (if there was one at the time) didn't complain?

some of the CW+ cable only affiliates use mythical call sign. Mankato, MN their CW+ affiliate on Consolidated is KWYE. In fact in Mankato its crazy. There are 5 different TV options and depending on provider you get one of 3 different CW's

Directv gives you WUCW Minneapolis (Mankato is its own market with just KEYC CBS -1 FOX -2)
Dish gives you nothing (unless you are grandfathered with the Superstations)
Spectrum gives you KTTC-DT2 Rochester, MN (yet they dont import KTTC NBC)
Consolidated gives you the cable only CW+ KWYE
There is a OTA translator farm about 25 miles away and you can pick up WUCW with a big antenna

We had WB 100+ on cable with a fictional callsign of 'KWYP'. Channel 31 on Charter back in the '00s. Just incredible that I found The WB programming from the unknown LPTV, I'd think there would be a Buffy or Gilmore Girls tape off 'KWYP' before finding the channel 60 aircheck! I'll try and make a public library trip this week and find out exactly which Sunday in 12/1997 that Miracle on 34th Street broadcast was.
Nowadays, we get CW+ through KIMA/KEPR-DT2, on Spectrum and both satellite companies. Was also odd to see VHS tapes recorded in 2013. I have found VHS recordings as recent as January 2016 at estate sales. Those ones are ignored and put in eBay lots for the most part.

And oh yes, plenty of retail tapes at the yard sales. Nothing relatively rare. If it's a rare horror movie, first print of a movie (like Magnetic or WCI), or some obscure educational program (like the Scholastic Book Fair preview tapes, or some '80s math instruction video for children) I'll pick it up. Examples:
- I found the two-part Magnetic Patton tapes last year at an estate sale. Pristine condition, probably played once since 1980. Two tapes because T-120 was the maximum tape size back then. There was no such thing as a 160.
- Acquired the 1979 'Oh God!' and 1980 '10' WCI tapes at the same estate sale nearly two years ago that delivered KAPP and KNDO recordings from 1979.
- Surplus school district sale delivered three Scholastic Book Fair preview tapes dating back to 1995, and a National Geographic Educational tape in hardcase on pollination, circa 1989. I know for one thing, these tapes cost a fortune back in the day for the districts. So now selling them off as free surplus is ironic. But some of these programs are so obscure they will NEVER see the light of day on a DVD or other mode.

We had WB 100+ on cable with a fictional callsign of 'KWYP'. Channel 31 on Charter back in the '00s. .

A relative of mine went to Ithaca (NY) College in the '80s and worked at the campus Part 15 FM station -- a Top 40/live sports format as opposed to the full-power college FM, WICB, which was mainly jazz and rock -- that called itself WVIC. The VIC stood for "Voice of Ithaca College." Of course, it had no call at all. Not sure why, but the real WVIC, somewhere in Michigan, sent the student station a polite but firm request to stop using the call letters. From that day on, the little station was 106-VIC. During its WVIC days though, the students there decided to turn a frigid winter day's broadcasting into a "simulcast" from WVIC's West Coast "sister station," KVIC in Los Angeles. Time checks in PST, Southern California weather reports, plenty of old surfing music added to the playlist. Not sure if there was a real KVIC at the time; if there was, it never complained.

I recently acquired a few more recorded VHS tapes from an owner's house at my local city wide clean up event in Everly, Iowa. NOTE: There was also some Disney VHS tapes thrown in there as well as some miscellaneous DVDs and other VHS tapes sitting in a tote out on the curb.

Tape 1: Cahill: US Marshall - recorded off of Cinemax around 1991 or 1992; Glory - recorded off of HBO in August 1991 with promos before the movie - Chrome Pro T-120.
Tape 2: Train Robbers and Terminator 2: Judgement Day - recorded off of Showtime around August 1992 with promos in between- Focal T-120.
Tape 3: A Disaster in Time - recorded off of unknown source; Geronimo - recorded off of TNT around December 1993 with commercials - Maxell GX-Silver T-120.
Tape 4: Last 10 minutes of 60 Minutes Wednesday and Amber Frey: Witness for the Prosecution recorded off of KELO-CBS on May 25, 2005 with commercials; partial recording of ABC Monday Night Football recorded off of KSFY-ABC on October 9, 2000 with commercials; ESPN 2 footage recorded sometime around October 2000 - Memorex T-120.
Tape 5: Homeless to Harvard recorded off of Lifetime on April 7, 2003 - TDK Standard Grade Revue T-160.

The soap operas today look somewhat different than the soaps from two or three decades ago- quicker scenes and a few more outdoor scenes.

A couple of things that you never see anymore on network TV: When the announcer mentions a commercial sponsor, and they show a slide(!) of the sponsor's product. No video, just a slide. Worth noting that KABC and KNBC in Los Angeles were actually putting up brief PSA's on slides during some of their newscasts as late as the mid 1980's. I recall that on the original CBS This Morning, after they did their last cut-in for local weather (around 8:55 in the morning), they would then show a slide of Dan Rather, with the CBS Evening News logo, while Harry Smith or Paula Zahn would say what was coming up that night. This was going on as late as the early 1980's.

As late as 1988, I recall that ABC, during coverage of one of the League Championship Series in Major League Baseball, would actually have the play-by-play guy say they were pausing for station identification at the top of the hour, mention that people were watching the ABC television network, and then give the local station a few seconds for a VO ID.

Speaking of sports, there are some sports events and other programs dating back to the 1980's at this link:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/172015369723?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

I've seen that- on Another World, while Bill Wolff plugs Ivory soap, the slide shows the product. I've seen one on The Doctors-Mel Brandt mentions Fab detergent while a slide shows the product. And the famous Colgate-Palmolive logo (C-P inside a circle) superimposed over a hospital scene still.

Very unexpected finds at a yard sale this morning. The woman selling VHS tapes was a teacher at a catholic school here in town. The tapes being sold for 3 for 25 cents were all from library/school surplus, and of course 95% of them were educational prerecorded, whether it's Disney, a Random House/Golden Book 'storybook animation' cartoon, Christian stories, and just plain obscure content that will never see the light of day on DVD. But there were some blanks, and I picked up four. Boy was I NOT expecting these...

Tape 1 - 'White Fang' (1991) taped off The Disney Channel sometime in 1992 with multiple promos and Music Break segments afterwards, with Gloria Estefan's 'Live for Loving You'; partial episode of Star Trek: The Next Generation taped off KNDO-23 on 10/14/1991 with commercials; partial unknown educational documentary follows (cuts off before the end); partial episode of Star Trek and full Star Trek: The Next Generation taped off KNDO-23 on 10/27/1990 with commercials; episode of L.A. Law taped off KNDO/NBC 11/1/1990 with commercials, ends with four minutes of the TCI Cablevision EPG from that night. TDK T-120
Tape 2 - Silent Mouse: The Story of Silent Night taped off KYVE/PBS 12/5/1988 with a pledge break included. Shocked the teacher didn't cut it out. JVC T-60 in SP mode, so only an hour.
Tape 3 - In Remembrance of Martin taped off KYVE/PBS 1/15/1987 with promos before the program and one after, Jack Horkheimer: Star Hustler, and the 11PM sign-off afterwards, with yet ANOTHER announcer - seems like KYVE changed the sign-off montage every couple of years. Same cheesy 'TV Worth Watching' song, however! After the sign-off, is a partial broadcast of the 1/15/1987 Larry King Radio Program with commercials, which aired on AM 1460 KMWX in Yakima. Apparently the cable company must have aired AM radio instead of the static. My 2nd oldest KYVE find. Sony T-120
Tape 4 - See Dick & Jane Lie, Cheat and Steal: Teaching Morality to Kids taped off KCPQ-13 in April 1989 with a few commercials, but most were edited out. The program was hosted by Tom Selleck. BASF T-120 in SP mode.

In addition, I also picked up an obscure tape sent to the school by General Motors and the American Medical Association in 1988. It has two informal videos on car safety, 'Seat Belts: For Dummies or For People?' and 'The Game of Life', which is about drunk driving. The first stars the Crash Test Dummies (from Ad Council PSA fame) I believe. Running time approx 26 minutes, and both are already on YouTube.

Yep, that's it. Crash Test Dummies...what a cool find. It may be on YouTube but I doubt it will ever be put on a DVD due to the outdated age.

In terms of other tapes I left behind, there were a couple other blanks without labels, probably more educational programming either taped off PBS or copied from a tape, or even a 16mm filmstrip. I also left behind a tape marked with the KIMA and Retlaw logos, their phone number and address on the cover, and 'St Joe's TV Spot' and something else regarding St. Joseph Marquette. Maybe I should have grabbed it, but I'd only see 30 seconds worth of stuff on it, I'm sure. It was a 3M Broadcast Grade T-120.

And then there were over 100 other factory tapes of various stuff. Public domain cartoons and the 1935 version of Scrooge from the most obscure home video companies (anyone with a contract to duplication could release this stuff...); Disney movies (I spotted Mary Poppins, The Lion King, others), Golden Book story videos, tons of those Christian children's tapes like McGee and Me, and some other various educational content, all left to rot away. There was even an Oregon Trail educational video released by MECC...oh yeah, the same folks that brought you the computer game that every '90s kid played in school, where most students cared about NOT dying of dysentery rather than making it to Oregon!

Preview to next week.....Yakima's Biggest Yard Sale at Perry Tech. Kind of hit & miss on VHS tapes, but you never know.

Four tapes this weekend from an estate sale and a yard sale. Did not go to Yakima's Biggest Yard Sale this year due to unforeseen circumstances.

Friday Estate sale - out in Moxee
Tape 1 - 'The Keep' (1983) taped off KNDO/NBC 7/28/1989 with commercials, blank after a little less than 2 hours. Video Plus T-120.
(Two other tapes were rental duds/home movies)

Saturday Yard sale - West Valley
Tape 2 - Dinosaurs: Myth vs. Reality, the Spring Preview show, Disney's Adventures of the Gummi Beras and Quack Attack taped off The Disney Channel in March 1996 with promos (free preview); the rest of the tape has children's programs and movies copied from rental/retail tapes: Winnie the Pooh: Un-Valentine's Day with opening previews; 'The Lion King' (1994) with opening previews; The Adventures of Timmy the Tooth: Molar Island and Disney's Sing-Along Songs: Friend Like Me. Maxell T-120. The first few minutes are in really bad shape - the very beginning (first 30 sec + ) got eaten up in another VCR, so I'll warn future eBay bidders NOT to rewind to the beginning.
Tape 3 - Episode of That '70s Show taped off KCYU-LP/Fox on 3/14/1999 with commercials (the Star Wars episode); season finale of Ally McBeal taped off KCYU-LP/Fox 5/24/1999 with commercials; part of Cleopatra's Palace: In Search of a Legend and part of The Real Cleopatra taped off Discovery Channel on 3/14/1999 with commercials. Sony HG T-120
Tape 4 - Last 30 minutes of The Land Before Time, intershow segments and 'Rudyard Kipling's The Jungle Book' (1994) taped off The Disney Channel on 9/13/1996 with promos; part of 'Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles' (1990) copied from rental tape, but is taped over briefly by a KNDO News 23 clip circa 1995-96; episode of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles minus commercials; and ends with Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer taped off KIMA/CBS minus commercials (suspect a 1990 or 1991 broadcast). Memorex Pro HG T-120
(One other tape was a rental dud)

Back
Top Bottom