• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Zack Owen exits WACO

Caught up in iHeart cutbacks, he'd been PD and morning host on the station since 1992.

Bobby Bones in 3,2,1

I'm sad to hear this news. Zach has been such a fixture for so long in Central Texas. In some ways it is surprising he was able to hang on as long as he did considering his seniority and likely high pay scale and how ruthless iHeart is with cost cutting. Perhaps the public situation with his late cohost Jim Cody delayed the inevitable.

Other long serving people in that cluster have been let go in previous rounds.

Last edited:
Bobby Bones in 3,2,1

I'm sad to hear this news. Zach has been such a fixture for so long in Central Texas. In some ways it is surprising he was able to hang on as long as he did considering his seniority and likely high pay scale and how ruthless iHeart is with cost cutting. Perhaps the public situation with his late cohost Jim Cody delayed the inevitable.

Other long serving people in that cluster have been let go in previous rounds.
I think this has got the be one of the most terrible things they could do to Zach.... and for what, nothing... I HAVE COMPLETELY got rid of Waco 100, and will never listen to them again....

Back
Top Bottom