• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Z100 ADS ON CBS2

Lately, I've seen TV ads on CBS2 for Z100. Something's strange about that since CBS owns Z100's chief competitor, 92.3 NOW-FM which hasn't made much headway against Z100. Everyone who posts here knows 92.3 has often been speculated as the future home of WFAN.

What's up with this? :)

mjb1124 said:
It's no weirder than hearing ads for NBC/ABC/Fox on CBS-FM.

True Its like San Francisco's KPIX CBS5 they advertised I heartRadio app then go to the KCBS 106.9 ad during the CBS 5 News.

radioguy39nj said:
Lately, I've seen TV ads on CBS2 for Z100. Something's strange about that since CBS owns Z100's chief competitor, 92.3 NOW-FM which hasn't made much headway against Z100. Everyone who posts here knows 92.3 has often been speculated as the future home of WFAN.

What's up with this? :)

In non-legal terms, if a station accepts any ad from a category, they have to accept ads from anyone in that category.

So you can prohibit all hard liquor ads, but you can not accept gin and not accept rum commercials.

That means that if a TV station takes ads from any station, they have to take ads from all stations.

CC's Money is just as green as anyone elses. Just like Emmis Cumulus and Cox Stations being included on CC's iHeartRadio network

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom