• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Yakima Station flips to Christmas Music

I've been listening a little to KBPA HD3 in San Marcos TX Bob's Christmas Channel. Also to WODS HD3 Boston. They seem to be playing some different cuts than the regurlar stations play.

I say be grateful the "Christmas in the Northwest" CD is missing from the playlists. It played nonstop in the Ikea store in Kent a few years ago and made the experience of shopping there even more maddening than usual. And I didn't seem to be the only one irritated by it. Sorry, but it's as much fun as listening to karaoke. If you aren't related to the performers, it gets old real fast.

One way I've been enjoying Christmas tunes is to delve into retro material from online sites. Fun stuff from the 1920s thru the 1950s that you might have heard in a movie, or never before. Some of it on CD collections from other countries, too. That, plus the sometimes naughty Christmas blues stuff that "race" artists released 90 years ago. Puts a little kick in your Kris Kringle.

It's a new year, and does anyone know if KYXE has unveiled their new format? I predict AC.

Only heard "Christmas in the NW" two times this year on KRWM. Excellent!

-crainbebo

Here is the reason given why KYXE is off the air. This is from their filing with the FCC "THE STATION HAS BECOME UNABLE TO ACHIEVE ITS FULL LICENSED POWER AND IS BEING TAKEN OFF THE AIR UNTIL ITS LICENSED POWER CAN BE RESTORED."

I guess the poor gerbil died. Being unable to achieve full power when full power is 680 watts? Yikes.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom