• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Y-107 (You mean the River. )

I think it's interesting that it was Randy Michaels who picked it as #2. I did some digging and saw that he worked with Marc Chase at Jacor and Tribune. So that could be why. The station had already flipped to The River several years before Randy became part of CC. I looked through the comments and several readers picked WMAK.

I think it's interesting that it was Randy Michaels who picked it as #2. I did some digging and saw that he worked with Marc Chase at Jacor and Tribune. So that could be why. The station had already flipped to The River several years before Randy became part of CC.

Didn't Jacor own WYHY for a brief time in the late-80's/early-90's? Seems like I remember Jacor at least trying to buy the station if not succeeding at getting its hands on it outright.

That might have something to do with Randy being such a fan of the station, too, though few stations of Y107's time could boast a cume of almost 2/3 the MSA. Love it or hate it, Y107 was obviously doing something, actually plenty of somethings, right.

Y-107 was probably one of the best brandings ever. I really didn't like their excessive repetition of certain songs, but then again, I was aging out, anyway. (And they could have easily transitioned into "Y-107.5" for the digital era.)

I looked through the comments and several readers picked WMAK.
WMAK in the Joe Sullivan era definitely was... not so much after he left and that other guy took over.

Back
Top Bottom