• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

xampd Runtime Errors

Probably due to some conflict with recent Windows updates (not WMP 11, by the way, or IE7; I haven't installed either program), xamp Desktop only gives me runtime errors, so I eventually uninstalled it. It's been broken since November.
Now, before someone tries to sell me on the virtues of XAMP Studio, let me mention that I'm blind and must use a screen reader.
Unlike XAMP Desktop, which at least was partially accessible, I have found no text in XAMP Studio that's usable by my screen reader.
Although some of XAMPD wasn't available to me, at least I could change channels, use presets, and read currently playing tracks and their associated albums.
Now I'm locked out of XAMPD and can't use XAMP Studio.
I originally uninstalled XIAMPD, then reinstalled it, but that only solved the problem for a month; now we're back to the runtime errors.
Anyone have a workaround, or is there another program that might work?
I did try another, (sorry, I can't recall the name), but like XAMP Studio, is unusable. The XM site workd, but alas, they have a two-hour limit on streams before users are unceremoniously dumped.
Anyone have any other ideas/solutions?
By the way, since I don't have contact info for its author, I'll mention here that even the XAMP webpage is icky, with such uninformative alt tags as navbar2 and navbar3, no words pointing to what they link to, so even that is trial and error.
Thanks for any and all suggestions.

multiplex said:
By the way, since I don't have contact info for its author, I'll mention here that even the XAMP webpage is icky, with such uninformative alt tags as navbar2 and navbar3, no words pointing to what they link to, so even that is trial and error.
Thanks for any and all suggestions.

The forum for xamp can be found at http://xamp.imomo.net/forums/

Thanks for the forum address. Alas, more problems, since blindness prohibits me from using the visual verification to sign up to post to it, and my mail to the address provided goes unanswered.
So we have:
1. One piece of formerly somewhat accessible software that no longer works after downloading some of the newer Windows updates, (I did not install WMP 11.)
2. Another ap (XAMP Studio), which is unusable at all with screen reading software. He claims it's modeled after winamp, but winamp _is_ accessible with the classic skin.)
3. The inability of at least _this_ blind user to sign up to the forums, because the moderators don't respond to their email.
Last year XAMPD seemed so promising. Now I'm just left with frustrations at every turn. It was good while it lasted.
The XM page _is_ usable, but with a two-hour restriction on audio feeds.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom