• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

WZZE/WNUW?

How does WZZE/WNUW both come in in Glen Mills, PA?
With ZZE bein a 5, and WNEW bein a 4, i assume they'd both come in, but WZZE must have loads of problems?
You can't do very well with two stations that close on the dial, most receivers wouldn't be able to cancel one out to get the other, would they?
Also if WNUW turns on its IBOC signal again, wouldn't WZZE be completely ebliterated, even in its COL? Someone please explain how the FCC aloud 97.3 to get assigned in Glenn Mills like it has, because this makes no sense to me.

WZZE was assigned 97.3 in the early 80's after it took over the license from WZZE 88,7 at Sanford School in Hockessin, DE and moved it about 25 miles and into the commercial band to keep it at 10 watts. The signal actually got out pretty well when the station first came on (4 bays on a 100 foot tower on a high point on their property) since Millville NJ and Harrisburg, PA were both on lower power levels then. They attempted to move to 97.1 at one point but were denied the move. Is it still on the air? If so, it probably serves the Glen Mills area fairly well. The year the station went on was the same year the towers for the old WXUR were taken down which were on the property next to Glen Mills School.

I tried to DX it here from Bensalem, PA on the day that i posted this topic, and heard "Semmi Charmed Life" by Third Eyed Blind. It was hard to cancel out WNUW from here.
My next question is if WZZE comes in that well, how does WNUW come in in that area?
John
Bensalem, PA

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom