• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

WZHR-AM1400

Nobody listens because they have had no audio for days. What a joke.

Nobody listens because they have had no audio for days. What a joke.
I´ll bet the translator is still on and they will claim "technical difficulties" with the AM.

All three of the FL Wageenvoord stations have rather nice translators.

Are they still off?
As of yesterday afternoon (Sat 21May2022), around 1:30PM there were still doing the “sounds of silence”, carrier was on for both 1400 and their translator, but absolutely no audio; and it‘s been that was for at least 7 or 8 weeks, that I know of. Sister station 1350 WDCF and their translator are on and actually broadcasting regular programming.

Aren't the WZHR and WDCF transmitter patterns fairly similar, at least in Daytime operation?

Byron

And why haven't the Walco guys purchased WKIQ in Eustis yet? They are building a veritable regional network of low power signals in the 13 and 1400s.

Byron

Seems like the Wagenvoord operation has some sorting out to do. Apparently their property in Hawaii (KWAI) was off the air more than it was broadcasting during the previous license renewal period and it was challenged. Seems they were given a one year term for renewal to straighten up and fly right... I believe that year mark arrives in early-June. I tried to find a working website/stream and came up unsuccessful so there is no way to listen to the station in the continental US. The reason I bring this up is maybe this station (WZHR) was more of a headache to keep dealing with (if it too was off the air more than it was on) rather than cashing in on a sale and letting it be someone else's problem... purely speculation but who knows. Plus as the above poster notes, it is essentially redundant coverage to WDCF short of the nighttime power reduction.

Can't see a reason why Unity would not let it go for right price.

Technically it's one STL microwave repoint to another.

It's been a while since live/local programming originated from the WKIQ transmitter.

Byron

Back
Top Bottom