• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

WZGX returns with spanish programming

I was scanning the AM dial this morning and realized that WZGX is back on the air. It was airing Spanish programming, evidently simulcast with Autaugaville Radio's Montgomery stations. It was difficult to hear bc the signal was weak and the ID was in Spanish, but I heard "WALQ, AM 1130" mentioned which would be Autaguaville's station in Carrville along with "102.7 FM", presumably WALQ's translator in Montgomery (W274BG). I'm not familiar with the spanish-language formats but I'm guessing maybe they were airing a regional mexican format? It sounds similar to the music airing on WAYE and WQCR in the Birmingham area as well as WBIB in Centreville.

Last edited:
Definitely Mexican Regional. The web page advertises an upcoming concert featuring Grupo Montez de Durango and other Mexican acts. Also, I'm listening right now and just heard a mention of Sinaloa. I'm now hearing a live read promoting the Birmingham Barons' game tonight. That's the city's minor league baseball team.

Wondering if Autagaville Radio will eventually add an FM translator to simulcast WZGX? Reynolds does own W224CK licensed to Vestavia Hills so I imagine it is plausible that they would lease or sell W224CK to Autagaville if Iheart decides not to renew the lease on 92.7; W224CK is currently airing BIN (the Black Information Network). I did check 92.7 a few minutes ago and it was still airing BIN.

Back
Top Bottom