• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

WTGE 100.7 resumes HD broadcast

Last saw HD on the signal in about 2009....
Wonder if they will be adding sub channels? Alt Rock would be a fit given the lineage of that frequency.
Led a team spending a long, hard week at the end of last month out at Duncan Point installing their big new HD transmitter. You may have seen us eating our way through Baton Rouge on the company dime :) . What WTGE does with their HD-x's is beyond my pay grade, but I'm proud of the work we did to make the HD-1 match the analog. It's. Freaking. Seamless.

I text with a nephew virtually every evening, which started when I gave him an HD radio that I had never used-still in original plastic. He hooked it up to an amplified antenna. Each time he mentions receiving stations from hundreds of miles away. He gives me their calls, format and location. Yes, he is on a high hill-he must be up to around 70 stations by now-his goal is 100. Just an anecdotal observation, but for those of you who have installed HD equipment, I thought this factoid might make you smile.

Led a team spending a long, hard week at the end of last month out at Duncan Point installing their big new HD transmitter. You may have seen us eating our way through Baton Rouge on the company dime :) . What WTGE does with their HD-x's is beyond my pay grade, but I'm proud of the work we did to make the HD-1 match the analog. It's. Freaking. Seamless.
What is the injection level? It seems a little more robust in Lafayette than even WDGL.

Back
Top Bottom