• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

WTBO's Chazz Offutt Dies

R

rapking

Cumberland, Md., adult standards WTBO-AM on-air personality Chazz Offutt collapsed and died during his "Morning Road Show" Dec. 26. He had been a fixture on local radio since 1959.

According to a report in the Cumberland Times-News, Offutt, 66, was stricken as he was speaking on-air: "He had just said the time, 20 minutes after 8, and all of a sudden I heard a noise and then there was just nothing," said Joanne Van, mother of Jim Van, one of Offutt's fellow DJs. "The mike was open and I heard somebody say, 'Chazz,' then I heard them say 'Call 911.'"

WTBO's Web site said that Offutt's show was the No. 1 AM radio show in the area. His career also included gigs as a program director, operations manager and general manager.

He was scheduled to host a live New Year's Eve remote from the Cumberland Town Centre on Sunday.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom