• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

WTAG

Since WCRN-AM 830 blew out Hank Stolz for a TV simulcast, the only local news-talk option for those of us in the Worcester area is WTAG-AM 580.

When Jim Polito has been off at WTAG, the 5 - 6 a.m. hour would be filled with "best of" segments but the producers of WTAG / WHYN would take over when the simulcast started at 6 a.m. This morning's entire 4 hours was "best of" segments.

At least when Hank was out for a day or the week on vacation at WCRN, they would always have guest hosts keeping it live and local in AM drive. In fact, Bob & Zip had become the regular fill-ins for Hank before they made the change in morning drive.

Back to my beef with WTAG...iHeartMedia is already going the cheap route in AM drive by simulcasting on WTAG & WHYN, now I guess they figure since they have no competition in the news-talk arena in Worcester and Springfield they don't think they need to keep it live in the morning. :(

I sent feedback to WTAG regarding this morning's show.

I just received this reply from Tony Bristol who I believe is the program director - I agree with you. Sometimes it’s a manpower issue and we do the best we can making sure our mornings continue to be live and local.

At least WTAG responded to my feedback in a timely manner. However not quite sure how it can be a manpower issue. I would think both show's producers were in their respective buildings.

How's Hank doing anyway? I hope he lands on his feet. I didn't listen to him all that long -- I "found" him when the current morning lineup came to RKO (I simply can't stand the RINO/democrat shrew on there from 6-10) and I started hunting around the dial for an alternative during my morning drive. He was always balanced and entertaining. Seemed like quite an affable fellow.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom