• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

WSTW/ WJBR HD channels

I don't know if someone ever listens to these stations, but the sound quality in WJBR secondary HD channels is plain horrible, especially HD-2 (I guess it's Radio Disney), it seems like they are getting the signal with an open mic in front of a laptop. Horrible, horrible, horrible.

Regarding WSTW, I don't know why they dropped WDEL from the HD (I know, they are in 101.7 but it barely covers Wilmington).

broadcastguy;6099738Regarding WSTW said:
They've been shooting themselves in the foot a lot lately. Simulcasting AM on the sub-channel can't cost anything - in contrast to a rim-shot FM and a low power AM downashore.

They've been shooting themselves in the foot a lot lately. Simulcasting AM on the sub-channel can't cost anything - in contrast to a rim-shot FM and a low power AM downashore.

Noticed that, they are concentrating in DBCi (which is not going so well...) and making some dumb moves with the stations. Good they have WSTW and WXCY to save the day.

Seems like somebody read this thread, since yesterday WJBR has both HD2 and HD3 off air... Guys at DBC if you are reading, please bring back WDEL to WSTW HD... Thanks!

So, I got in touch with WDEL program director to ask him if they had any future plans to return WDEL to WSTW's secondary channels, this was the answer:

I’m very disappointed to hear that you can’t hear 101.7FM in Newark. One of the reasons why we added the FM frequency was to make us stronger in areas where 1150AM is not very good – Newark being one of those areas.

However, I AM encouraged to hear you’re listening to HD radio. Unfortunately, that initiative has not had as much success as the industry would have liked.

With that said, since we’ve added our sister station WFAI to WSTW HD-3, there are no plans to put WDEL back on WSTW’s HD signals.

I really don't understand the logic behind broadcasting an AC format on HD-2 (that is exclusive to HD) and Gospel on HD-3 instead of boosting a local news station.

Whatever.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom