• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

WSFZ new music

P

Pat3

WSFZ 930/107.1 now playing mostly 90's throught 2000's music. Panic at the Disco, Collective Soul, Nickelsuck, Bastille, Justin Timberlake and various other bands. Some of the same songs heard on 98.7 and mid 90's Y-101 minus the rappers. Although I did hear a pop tune with "Rent a Homey" rapping over it, but otherwise not a bad mix of songs, but a little too much Nickelsuck and Allanis Morrisette and her bad harmonic honking. I wish it would broadcast in stereo. Right now it sounds like mono even though the stereo pilot is on. A low power translator would be much clearer in the fringes if they would kill the stereo pilot, especially if they are already mono.

The alanis Morissette, Daughtry and Nickelback songs are getting annoying, especially Morissette's bogus harmonica honking. It you listen long enough you'll hear the same songs come back around in the same order just like they did with the christmas music. I haven't listened long enough to tell how long it plays before it repeats. There have been a few pleasant surprises of songs that don't get that much airplay in Jackson. You can tell that much of the music came from 98.7 because they read of the title on some of them at the end. I've heard a few songs from the 70's and 80's thrown in (Bananarama, Sweet Home Alabama) and oddly "I walk the Line" Sounds strange to hear Johnny Cash and Disturbed on the same station, but I can dig it. But if they keep playing the same tunes without adding more songs to the list, I'm gone.

I doubt it.

I wonder what their plan is. This has been going on for over a year. Before that they were either simulcasting "The Legend" or off the air. They must be waiting for someone to lease the station because it seems obvious after this long that they have no intention of programming anything for themselves.

930 has been simulcasting Mix 98.7 recently, with 107.1 being off the

They started that a week or so ago. Looks like they have no desire to program anything on 930. Even the signal/audio is not what it used to be back when it was WSLI.

Is WFSZ for sale? I hear them playing Rock now, which Jackson desperately needs. Who owns the station? I see people responding to the stream of music, and wish it would stay.

if they are going to stay rock i wish they would tweak the audio. The FM has the stereo indicator lit, but sounds mono, and the quality is not that great. The AM signal is not what it used to be in the seventies Hard to tell with the massive amount of static around here. Sounds really mid-range. Not enough bass and treble. The volume seems lower than the other AM stations

And they really need to quit playing so much Nickelback. Rock fans hate them.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom