• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

WRLT, Nashville's 17-year AAA streaming again

Lakeboy

Inactive
Inactive User
"Lightning 100," celebrating their 17th birthday this month, got their stream back up a few weeks ago. Their stream went dark about the time of the original CARP controversy and when Yahoo Broadcast a.k.a. Broadcast.com got out of the business. RLT's now using Liquid Audio.

Lakeboy said:
"Lightning 100," celebrating their 17th birthday this month, got their stream back up a few weeks ago. Their stream went dark about the time of the original CARP controversy and when Yahoo Broadcast a.k.a. Broadcast.com got out of the business. RLT's now using Liquid Audio.
Lakeboy I want to thank you for your alert about WRLT streaming. I've been listening a little while today after sampling a little yesterday afternoon. I have to say THIS is what a good AAA station should sound like. The Decemberists?? Jamie cullen? Matt Kearney? Snow Patrol? White Stripes? And other newer bands I'm not familiar with (yet). As well as Tom Petty, U2, Pete Yorn, Norah Jones, Indigo Girls and they play nuggets like Dr Hook's Sylvia Mother, songs by Cheap Trick, Warren Zevon, and Steven Stills.

Sure puts to shame stations that play the standard AAA fare without any spice. Good station.

SuperRadioFan said:
Lakeboy said:
Lakeboy I want to thank you for your alert about WRLT streaming. I've been listening a little while today after sampling a little yesterday afternoon. I have to say THIS is what a good AAA station should sound like. The Decemberists?? Jamie cullen? Matt Kearney? Snow Patrol? White Stripes? And other newer bands I'm not familiar with (yet). As well as Tom Petty, U2, Pete Yorn, Norah Jones, Indigo Girls and they play nuggets like Dr Hook's Sylvia Mother, songs by Cheap Trick, Warren Zevon, and Steven Stills.

Sure puts to shame stations that play the standard AAA fare without any spice. Good station.

WRLT-FM has an advantage that must AAA Formated stations don't. It is the ONLY locally owned in operated FM in the Nashville Market. The station is owned by an individual named Lester Turner. Lester has done a fine job with the station, and I've been told he will NOT sell out to corporate. If it is to be sold one day in the (hopefully) distant future, it will be sold to a local individual!

I like the station, only problem I have is his GM, Fred Buc can be an A** to deal with!

R

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom