• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

WRKO announced boston.com morning show

One of the losers due to the changes at RKO is IHEART Media's Total Traffic Network. I do not beleive that they are using TT for news in the morning and they stopped providing seperate drivetime traffic reports a few years ago. That is a loss of inventory for TT.

Also NECN has decided to hire their own traffic reporter for the morning show. NECN will no longer TTN's Scott Montminy finishes his long run on NECN thsi week.

Both NECN and RKO may still use TTN for the raw traffic data.

There's 1030,maybe some other stations for traffic
and XM has a traffic and weather channel rotating
reports between Bos,Phil. and Pitt.

If you sit in the same traffic I do every day, you have enough time read to War & Peace at 5mph. Waiting 10 minutes for traffic and weather sounds ancient. I think WRKO is onto something. <eye roll right back at you>

If you sit in the same traffic I do every day, you have enough time read to War & Peace at 5mph. Waiting 10 minutes for traffic and weather sounds ancient. I think WRKO is onto something. <eye roll right back at you>

Once you're stuck in the middle of a traffic jam, you're pretty much aware you're not going anywhere. Viewing/listening to a traffic app right then and there might not be too helpful, other than giving you some clue as to how bad the congestion is.

I would think you'd want to know BEFORE you got to a "traffic trouble spot" (phrase borrowed from Kevin O'Keefe, WEEI NewsRadio 590) while you're still zipping along happily. But this would not be the time to take your eyes off the road to view/listen to an app. Heck, you might even create your very own "traffic trouble spot"!

I agree with another poster who opined that this was an unintended plug of sorts for WBZ's Traffic and Weather Together on the Threes.

I was listening to the show this morning and they take a "shot" at WBZ now when introducing the WRKO traffic app.

Now they say, "you never have to wait 10 minutes for the latest traffic report, download the new WRKO traffic app to get the latest traffic update anytime."

IMO, I still think a morning show should have live traffic reports.

.......Yes, Danny Rea at BZ is showing his YAFA - Young Americans For America - a 60's extreme Right Wing Nut group -........

Since there is no group YAFA, I assume you mean Young Americans for Freedom, YAF. I was in college then (same place as Rae for a while) and the YAFers were about as far from right wing bombthrowers as you could get. IIRC, they started off as a bunch of W.F. Buckley acolytes. Rae later earned his national YAF bones by opposing Richard Nixon. If you think that makes him a nutter, I'd be interested in knowing what you thought of Nixon. (Only kidding. If you think Rae is an extremist, I really wouldn't be interested in your opinion of anyone.)

As usual, you seem to be a bit fuzzy on a lot of these details. Perhaps you were thinking of SNCC, you know, those lefties who changed the 'N' in their name from "Non-violent" to "National" when they discovered that actual bomb throwing was kinda cool.

Regards,
TSB

<<<<<Katz was crazy and not in a good sense. Believe he was arrested for throwing his wife into the fireplace..>>>>>

Actually, that was Tom Leykis in the early nineties.

<<<<Yup, that does sound like conservative radio:>>>>>

Actually, it sounds like Tom Leykis, a lefty who billed himself as the alternative to conservative talk radio.

You really aren't very good at this, are you.

<<<< lose your hearing because of abuse of oxycontin >>>>

Yada, yada, yada. Here's a heads-up. Rush Limbaugh isn't the reason your radio career tanked, and you just make yourself look foolish with this jihad of yours, but I guess when your only tool is a hammer you have to make every problem look like a nail.

A word to the wise...whom the gods would destroy, they first make angry.

Regards,
TSB

Except for the fact that is called the BDC.com Morning show and is broadcast from the Boston.Com newsroom I don't hear any other reference to Boston.Com during the program. They don't have Boston.com reprters on, they don't talk about stories seen on Boston.com.

This morning I heard an interview with an ABC Reporter and a Bloomberg Reporter. They are also are now airing live traffic reprts from Total Traffic.

Meanwhile Crazy Kuhner continues to say he is making history from 12-3. Whatever that means.

Does anyone if his Executive Producer Bill Cooksey has left the building? Kuhner doesn't talk about him and he hasn't been heard on the show since the move to 12-3.

Except for the fact that is called the BDC.com Morning show and is broadcast from the Boston.Com newsroom I don't hear any other reference to Boston.Com during the program. They don't have Boston.com reprters on, they don't talk about stories seen on Boston.com.
I think I've listened to parts of this program 4 or 5 days so far, and on at least 2 of those days, they had Globe/Boston.com reporters on to discuss pieces on the site.

"you never have to wait 10 minutes for the latest traffic report, download the new WRKO traffic app to get the latest traffic update anytime."

IMO, I still think a morning show should have live traffic reports.

No brainer, IMO:

Hit the 1030 preset on your radio
vs.
Dick around with your phone while driving

massgopguy posted on the Mass. board of conservative website Free Republic, some days ago:

>>Got a heads up on the Kuhner Country Facebook Page. Bill Cooksey’s last day at WRKO is this Friday.

Don’t know about the Kuhner Country page but Barbara Dickey did this comment July 8 on
the WRKO facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/WRKO680
(orig post was “A flight from London to Houston was diverted to Boston because of an unruly passenger.”_)

>>Hmmmm, kinda like intelligent listeners diverted to hell because RKO disrespects us……hmmmm, I wonder if this is why Cooksey is leaving? Has he had enough of the BS?

–On Twitter @bostonradio just said:
–Yeakup, I think I mentioned his departure on R-I (radioinsight) in a post on Friday

Last Fri on twitter:
Just fed up ‏@Justfedup Jul 10
@bostonradio Any info on where Bill Cooksey (WRKO asst PD) is going? Word is today is his last day @ WRKO.

Boston Radio Watch® ‏@bostonradio Jul 10 Boston, MA
He’s a PD, not asst PD. The word is true. New job. @Justfedup

And he posted on RI last Fri, "no more Rush" thread:
>>680 feels almost like The View in AM drive right now.
Maybe that’s why Cooksie is moving on to a new job after today.

Last edited:
That Barbara Dickey characters is a shrill troll...that 'RKO facebook page is littered with comments from her about how much she hates the morning show and misses kuhner

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom