• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

WQJJ or maybe not?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I am on TuneIn today and find this station listed with the Birmingham stations called Bama Country Hits. Their website states they are airing on Jasper's WQJJ 101.9 FM. But...there's also a listing for "FOX FM" in Jasper right underneath the Bama Hits Country listing. The website for the "FOX" listing (cat40hits.com) also mentions they are broadcasting on WQJJ at 101.9 FM. Confused. Jasper's WQJJ-LP...which one is it? Neither? Both (maybe programming is dayparted)?

bamacountryhits.com
cat40Hits.com

Last edited:
You missed one of their stations but, I have the links you already have along with the one you missed (it's relatively new) and also some promotional copy from their Facebook pages:

------------------------------

Classic American Top 40 Rock and Roll and NO COMMERCIALS EVER!!!

We love hearing from you and, if you will please call or text comments about our station to us at (251) 387-2553, we'll play them back on the air for you (and everyone) to hear!

For an easier listening experience, you can tell your smart speaker to "Play 101.9 Fox FM on TuneIn!" or, go to our CAT40Hits.com website and listen through our online players!

CAT40Hits.com - Classic American Top 40 Hits, 1950s - Today!

You will never need or want another country music radio station and you'll never find one with a better sound, more music and NO COMMERCIALS EVER!!!

We love hearing from you and, if you will please call or text comments about our station to us at (251) 387-2553, we'll play them back on the air for you (and everyone) to hear!

Bama Country Hits!!!

For an easier listening experience, you can tell your smart speaker to "Play Bama Country Hits on TuneIn!" or, go to our BamaCountryHits.com website and listen through our online players!

Bama Country Hits – Alabama's Classic Country Hits Radio Station!

Stardust - Classic Adult Hits

Light Rock Favorites and Classic Adult Hits for your workday (and any other time) and NO COMMERCIALS EVER!!!

Our Stardust website is in the works so, please have some patience.

(I know that last one says "Christmas music". Trust me, it's not.)

That's all I have for now. I'll do some digging and see what else I can find if you or anyone else likes?

Personally, I live their Stardust format but, I may be just showing my age, now.

I’m beginning to wonder if a certain infamous broadcaster from Jasper is out of jail?
A person has to be arrested on legitimate charges to be in jail in the first place, right? You're forgetting that all of the accusations against Mr. Hammond we're created based on stories from Brett Elmore and his band of "supporters". Keep watching. This is where he pays the piper for all of those lies.

A person has to be arrested on legitimate charges to be in jail in the first place, right? You're forgetting that all of the accusations against Mr. Hammond we're created based on stories from Brett Elmore and his band of "supporters". Keep watching. This is where he pays the piper for all of those lies.
So Brett Elmore was the reason Hammond was arrested for theft in Texas? Or failing to report his conviction and refusing to cooperate with FCC investigators to the FCC and losing his license? Engaging in multiple instances of unauthorized operation of unlicensed radio stations in California, Louisiana, and Texas? Or selling the transmitter he didn't own? Or trying to blow up the courthouse?

This board is not the place for petty he-said/he-said nonsense and any anonymous "accusations" on both ends will not be tolerated.

This board is not the place for petty he-said/he-said nonsense and any anonymous "accusations" on both ends will not be tolerated.
I realize that you don't want me speaking up for someone that I know and who is not here to defend himself. I also understand that you also can't be bothered to look at the records to see that, of all of the charges you've mentioned, they were dismissed. Just keep watching for the karma train to level some people in Jasper very soon or they truly choose to investigate what's going on, there. As for here, I'll leave. I deal in facts and not rumors and innuendos. Further, it wasn't me who started with accusations. Not one thing on this forum under discussion has anything at all to do with Mr. Hammond and yet, this "RFBurns" had leveled up-to-date one's accusations twice, now. Again, I'll leave.

Last edited:
I realize that you don't want me speaking up for someone that I know and who is not here to defend himself. I also understand that you also can't be bothered to look at the records to see that, of all of the charges you've mentioned, they were dismissed. Just keep watching for the karma train to level some people in Jasper very soon or they truly choose to investigate what's going on, there. As for here, I'll leave. I deal in facts and not rumors and innuendos. Further, it wasn't me who started with accusations. Not one thing on this forum under discussion has anything at all to do with Mr. Hammond and yet, this "RFBurns" had leveled up-to-date one's accusations twice, now. Again, I'll leave.
Do consider that most of us don't know any of these people. The missing radio tower is a strange story.
Did your friend clear his name with the FCC?

If he is just your friend I would hope you should see why people would jump to conclusions. There are many others in the industry who have zero connection to Jasper, who have done the same.

By no means do I think there are any innocent parties here. However there are also no public records on any charges dismissed. Last thing public is the denial of parole in July 2022. Hammond cause me and this site a lot of issues with proven-wrong allegations in the early 2000s and I will not let that happen again.

WQJJ-LP, which this thread is about, is currently licensed to his daughter with him listed as the legal and technical representative as recently as its last license renewal in 2020. Hence why people would perhaps make the connection?

Do consider that most of us don't know any of these people. The missing radio tower is a strange story.
Did your friend clear his name with the FCC?
He's not really my friend. But, as I was there and saw that the transmitter he was accused of stealing was not the same transmitter he had advertised for sale for another client, I have seen that a lot of things are not as they have been represented. As for clearing his name with the FCC, I believe he chose to not bother with it when his wife was killed. You are aware that the things you mention referencing the FCC are not in any way criminal in nature, right? Minor violations, yes. Criminal acts, no. He has chosen to never own another radio station and he has chosen to drop it all before watching more of his family (children?) killed. The "charges" of theft of a transmitter were dismissed. The charges of theft in Texas were dismissed. The charges of "operation of unlicensed radio stations" are not criminal charges in the first place (with exception of several states such as Florida which have enacted laws making unlicensed broadcasting a crime) and, of all of the people on this forum, how many haven't operated a transmitter in their younger years as a means of "playing around" which became a career? I actually was there with Steve Lee from the New Orleans field office when they were Mr. Hammond a notice of violation for operating a transmitter (as ordered by his employer in keeping the employers'station on the air). I wonder if, just maybe, he needed a paycheck badly enough to want to keep the job? I know I was thinking "Why would an engineer build a pirate station and then rebroadcast his bosses' signal when the main transmitter is silent instead of his own?" But, regardless of who ordered it done, Mr. Hammond had built it so, he got the NOV and he accepted it. You all may see this as major criminal activities. Looking at it from the point of view of having been there and also on the accusing side of it all, I'm seeing a loyal employee doing as the (not so honest) boss ordered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom