• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

WPJF 1260 Greenville

I was scanning around the AM dial and noticed 1260 WPJF which most recently carried a Spanish religious format is off the air. No carrier or anything. Have they been off the air (nothing stating so on FCC), or just a tx issue?

Just checked, it's on.
Yep, guess they had an outage or something. WPJF sounds pretty good for a small AM. I heard the TOH ID on 1330 and it literally sounded like loud noise it was so overproduced.

Speaking of AM, what is ever going to become of 660? IHeart is obviously simulcasting WESC-FM on there to keep it warm and please the FCC. Unless it’s for a translator, nobody is going to want a 5kW daytime only AM.

Yep, guess they had an outage or something. WPJF sounds pretty good for a small AM. I heard the TOH ID on 1330 and it literally sounded like loud noise it was so overproduced.

Speaking of AM, what is ever going to become of 660? IHeart is obviously simulcasting WESC-FM on there to keep it warm and please the FCC. Unless it’s for a translator, nobody is going to want a 5kW daytime only AM.
I thought it was 50, or has that changed?

I thought it was 50, or has that changed?
It was downgraded a couple of years ago. I guess iHeart didn’t see the need to pay 10x the power bill for the transmitter just to relay an FM daytime only. The only reason anybody serious is going to want this station is to originate programming for a translator.

1070 is still 50kw and 1500w nights. It is now the strongest AM signal in GSP.

It was downgraded a couple of years ago. I guess iHeart didn’t see the need to pay 10x the power bill for the transmitter just to relay an FM daytime only. The only reason anybody serious is going to want this station is to originate programming for a translator.

1070 is still 50kw and 1500w nights. It is now the strongest AM signal in GS
1070 doesn't sound like they drop to 1500. They blast into the Edinburgh IN SDR in the absence of WFNI, as well as locally in Knoxville

1070 doesn't sound like they drop to 1500. They blast into the Edinburgh IN SDR in the absence of WFNI, as well as locally in Knoxville
Interesting, I checked last night about 20-25 miles SE from the transmitter site and got nothing but regular AM noise.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom