• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

WOWL 91.9 Burnsville

J

JimmyJames

Can someone give me a summary of their current format?

I've seen it listed as AAA and AC. I can't find an official website for them.

My uncle has a house in burnsville. I've heard the station. Can't remember much about it, my family kept talking in the car and turning the radio down. It sounded like it was being run like a commercial radio station even though it was in the non commercial band. I remember hearing "underwriting" spots that sounded just like commercials. I think they are in a gray area. The station sounded very "commercial" the last time I heard it a couple of years ago. At the time, it didn't sound like AAA. it seemed to have more recent hit records. maybe a few older songs thrown in. Maybe someone from the are has heard it recenty.

I can't comment on the format but one of my more interesting memories from many years ago was listening to the station on my shiny new Kenwood radio and watching the scrolling text giving the studio request line and shout outs to all these different people. Every now and then it would change to some new shout out. Really funny, considering I was probably the only one 10 years ago with an RDS capable radio at the time. ;)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom