• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Would KKGO Play a single from adel and Dolly Parton if they duet together?

It's a long shot but worth the consideration I just don't think adel wants to be seen as a country artist but teaming with Dolly would give adel a much broader audience and fan Base. I know Dolly really wants to duet with Adel. We shall see.

When you're an international superstar and a brand whose first name transcends genre, you don't just release your music to country radio stations. You go global with a movie in theaters to give fans a behind-the-scenes look at the making of your music. That's what Dolly is doing with her new album RockStar:

If that wasn't enough, she will also appear on the annual Thanksgiving Day football game in Dallas as part of their annual Salvation Army Red Kettle event.

After that, she's got a bunch of other things in December leading up to Christmas:

Dolly may be in her 70s, but she isn't stuck in the past. If country radio also wants to glom onto all this, they're welcome. But they don't have an exclusive.

Once you've witnessed the trainwreck that is "To All the Girls I've Loved Before" with Julio Iglesias and Willie Nelson, anything is possible.

In Willie's defense, it was at a time when he did duets with anyone. He was asked what it took to do a duet with him, and his answer was "ask me." That's all it took. Willie is the reason this song went to #5. Julio is the reason it didn't go to #1.

Back to Dolly, she will release a rock album next week that's loaded with duets. Elton John, Paul McCartney, Sting, and many more.

In Willie's defense, it was at a time when he did duets with anyone. He was asked what it took to do a duet with him, and his answer was "ask me." That's all it took. Willie is the reason this song went to #5. Julio is the reason it didn't go to #1.

Back to Dolly, she will release a rock album next week that's loaded with duets. Elton John, Paul McCartney, Sting, and many more.
For someone who’s about constantly about proving others wrong, snarky responses, and always providing links to back up your claims. Do you have any facts that Julio is the reason it didn’t go No. 1 lol?

Do you have any facts that Julio is the reason it didn’t go No. 1 lol?

We're talking about 40 years ago. Country radio was not as receptive to non-country performers then. Around that same time, Alabama did a duet with Lionel Richie, and it broke their string of #1s. The assumption is it was because of Lionel.

We're talking about 40 years ago. Country radio was not as receptive to non-country performers then. Around that same time, Alabama did a duet with Lionel Richie, and it broke their string of #1s. The assumption is it was because of Lionel.
I‘m honestly glad we’re going back to that. I wish alternative rock knew how to play nice with other genres

Except---the Willie/Julio duet went #1 Country (and AC). Two weeks at the top of the Country chart. It's the Hot 100 where it stopped at #5.

The Alabama/Lionel thing was a Lionel record, released on Motown and credited as "Lionel Richie, background vocals by Alabama". It peaked at #10 country. While it was still on the chart, Alabama released "The Touch", which was the 21st Country #1 in a row from them. The follow-up later in the year, "Tar Top", is what broke their streak, at #7. They recovered with the next album and had another unbroken streak of #1s that lasted until 1990.

Can you give me a link so I can download it. It would be interested in Dolly and Sting

It's not available yet, but next Friday 11/17 you can get it at any music service.

There are a couple of advance songs out now, but not that one. She has a VEVO channel at YouTube.

Back
Top Bottom