• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

WNYH 740 AM Now Carrying S. Asian Programming

Radio Zindagi, which provides programming aimed at the Indian community, has apparently moved from WBWD 540 AM, to this station, located in the Huntington area. WNYH had been mostly broadcasting a blend of gospel and R&B music, after Radio Cantico left, a few months ago. I don't know whether they will continue airing a Korean show during the morning hours.
WBWD, near Islip, in the process of being sold, is now running Spanish Christian music and some talk.

Radio Zindagi, which provides programming aimed at the Indian community, has apparently moved from WBWD 540 AM, to this station, located in the Huntington area. WNYH had been mostly broadcasting a blend of gospel and R&B music, after Radio Cantico left, a few months ago. I don't know whether they will continue airing a Korean show during the morning hours.
WBWD, near Islip, in the process of being sold, is now running Spanish Christian music and some talk.

I wonder if WBWD aired notifications to its listeners of the upcoming frequency switch or if they just turned on their radios one day, heard Spanish-language programming, and assumed the programming they enjoyed had simply been dropped.

The Radio Zindagi website is no help. It still lists the old 540 AM frequency, and makes no mention of their new signal on 740 AM.
My guess is that things happened rather quickly. It's possible that once a buyer emerged for WBWD, the future owner wanted to immediately change the programming through an LMA, leaving Radio Zindagi scrambling to make a lease deal with WNYH 740.

It appears that the past year or two has been rough for WNYH. Radio Cantico, which had apparently leased all their airtime till a few months ago, did not pay most or any of their rental fees. After Cantico left, WNYH played gospel and R&B as filler, as they were evidently unsuccessful in finding anyone to lease the airtime (except for Korean programming in the morning).

Radio Zindagi, which programs to the Indian community, has left, and returned to WBWD 540 AM.
WNYH is now apparently carrying Korean Christian programming.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom