• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

WMEX?

Not sure where that would be--Boston area not necessarily Boston proper? Would Beasley make 1330/106.1 talk with them?Who else?Not GBH or BUR I'd think!Any ideas?

How much money did these Daly XXL characters lose on this station? What would make them believe that a bunch of back-bench talkers would be successful? Furthermore, correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems to me these people are from out of town.

The tower site issue is problematic. Buying a directional AM, and leasing the transmitter site is a disaster waiting to happen. You can't just "pack up and move" a station like WMEX. When things go sour with the land owner, that could easily turn into a standoff. On one hand, where is WMEX going to go? On the other hand, if the licensee simply walks away, the landowner loses potential income, is stuck with the towers, and the potential dismantling of same.

Frankly, it seems to me they are giving up too easily, even with this historically relevant but jinxed frequency.

The implication this morning is that the Renegade Radio show might move to a Boston-area FM station. It appears that it will continue, for now, on two west coast stations.

If their show is unlistenable as other posters have alluded to (I personally haven't listened), why would any other station pick them up if WMEX goes dark or in another direction?

The implication this morning is that the Renegade Radio show might move to a Boston-area FM station. It appears that it will continue, for now, on two west coast stations.

Listening to hear if "Sandy" addresses where she will be come Monday, July 3rd. I only caught a smidgen of what RR was talking about regarding the station - I did hear Pica say that RR isn't going anywhere, but, Bryan slipped in...>>>FOR NOW<<<

A far more important question would be, where are the OWNERS going?

The majority stockholders, who are absentee owners, are probably staying right where they are down in the Carolina's where they have been since this fiasco started.

As for their nephew, who owns a whopping 1% of the stock, he will be speaking into a microphone somewhere, asking the tough questions like "would you like fries with that?" or "Would you like to try a Big Mac value Meal today?"

PS your SN is one of the funniest ones I have ever seen on this board!

It appears that it will continue, for now, on two west coast stations.

Which west-coast stations are they on?

Barbara... THEY'VE GONE NATIONAL, BAAAAAAAAAAAAY-BE!

As for their nephew, who owns a whopping 1% of the stock, he will be speaking into a microphone somewhere, asking the tough questions like "would you like fries with that?" or "Would you like to try a Big Mac value Meal today?"

I'm not so sure about that. He had a hard enough time rolling in on time when he "owned" the place... what makes you think he'll get out of bed to show up for a work shift at the Golden Arches? (unless maybe a relative owns the franchise he's hired at?)

OK then this ..... if the tower owners were willing to new lease and at favorable terms , and the station owners had a backup plan in case that didn't work out, then why would they bail out now for short money?

Are they so far in debt that they had to sell? Did Aunt and Uncle want their 175K+ back?

Which west-coast stations are they on?

Barbara... THEY'VE GONE NATIONAL, BAAAAAAAAAAAAY-BE!

I'm not so sure about that. He had a hard enough time rolling in on time when he "owned" the place... what makes you think he'll get out of bed to show up for a work shift at the Golden Arches? (unless maybe a relative owns the franchise he's hired at?)

Yep yep yep, they did go national, however, the two stations they are on over on the left coast are music stations and this is how it works.....
the RR crew picks out a couple of "funny bits" (snicker) from their morning show and they send them to the two left coast stations who in turn play
these hilarious (NOT) bits in between playing 20 in a row!

OK then this ..... if the tower owners were willing to new lease and at favorable terms , and the station owners had a backup plan in case that didn't work out, then why would they bail out now for short money?

Because they are operating at a loss.....and have been running out of money.

Short money? They bought it for $175k? They are looking to get a million for the sale (as the asking/listing price).

It appears after a few years they have run it (at a loss) that they hope to get out and recoup their money...and maybe a little more.

This is the last week for RR on WMEX. If interested in where they're going download the app and at some point they will tell you what station they can be heard on in the future (they're hinting at a terrestrial station). On Friday they will announce their new website and you can listen on line from that website. I'm interested to see who MEX will have on air Monday morning. "Sandy" didn't mention a word about the station yesterday.

The only person I feel bad for there is Sandy. She gave up her gig with Howie to go work for those losers.

Gotta believe Sandy would be offered something at WRKO.

EDIT: Altho now that I think of it... can't be mornings... can't be Barry Armstrong (that's money in the door)... they won't get rid of Kuhner or Howie... hmmm...

Replace the shrew on the morning show.

Or dump Dave Ramsey's useless show. (because we've been living in a cardboard box under the I95 overpass for the past 4 years)

EDIT: Altho now that I think of it... can't be mornings... can't be Barry Armstrong (that's money in the door)... they won't get rid of Kuhner or Howie... hmmm...

They could get rid of that nonsense in the morning, return kuhner to his old morning slot - I caught the last 20 seconds of his show about a week or two ago and he was whining about wanting another hour - send him back to mornings and put "Sandy" in the noon to three slot.

Responding to another post.............Michael, never forget.........."The ratings are through the roof"........

Oh and also....."Sandy" is "good friends" with mcSCREAMER who left WMEX a few weeks back, up and left the country for a month, I wonder if she plans on helping her "good friend" "Sandy" find another gig, because I'm guessing she's the one who pulled a few strings to get "Sandy" on WMEX - Howie never mentions "Sandy" in fact he never told his audience she left, a caller asked one day where she was and in a distasteful voice he said - she chose to go to another radio station - never gave her a quick plug - "Sandy" OTOH has mentioned Howie more than once - doesn't actually say his name but everyone knows who she's talking about...one time way back when Shortsleeve was still there she was relaying a story about Howie but didn't mention his name and Shortsleeve piped up and said, it's ok to say his name, everyone knows Howie - "Sandy" and Shortsleeve used to do their shows **together** on Fridays meaning she would join him in his last half hour and he would stick around with her for her first half hour. She's not one to gossip about things going on at the station or gossip or rag on other hosts, she stays above that crap so I'm wondering when she'll say anything about where she'll be next week especially now that RR has announced they are done as of Friday. I'm guessing she'll mention it at some point, just in passing.

Last edited:

Does anybody actually listen to that useless morning show on WRKO?

Does anybody actually listen to that useless morning show on WRKO?

It amazes me........there are a slew of people I know on FB who complain constantly about the crap on RKO in the morning and in the noon to three slot, yet they continue to listen, I've explained that listening = ratings and ratings = more airtime. I stopped listening to the noon to three nonsense two years ago, I listened to about 3 minutes of the morning crap show when it first aired when meter was the co-host, that was enough for me. I was listening to the crap morning show on WMEX until it started to go waaaay off the rails, I don't get the "humor" and the constant physical and verbal abuse of younger guys who work with them. I turn it on now and it's basically background noise for me, a lot of the time I just turn it off because it gets ridiculous. I turn it back on at 10 when a replay of Tim Constantine comes on and listen until "Sandy" is over, sometimes I'll listen to Savage or I'll switch over to RKO and listen to Whitey's buddy, that is, until he starts stammering/stuttering or until he starts giving out the wrong call in number.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom