• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

WLEV is now Hot AC?

I admit to not listening to WLEV consistently for a while now, but I just noticed their slogan "Today's Best Music", and they don't even seem to be playing any 1980s music anymore. So have the officially changed format from AC to Hot AC?

I've noticed a consistent trend towards straight ahead Hot AC for some time now. Or perhaps the better term for a station like WLEV would be "bright AC," sort of like WROZ in Lancaster. All I know is that I agree with you 100%. This is no AC station anymore. Put WBEB in Philly and WLEV in Allentown side by side and they definitely both aren't the same exact format.

It certainly is a huge change compared to about 5 years ago, when WLEV was playing a lot of '70s and even '60s music, like "Lido Shuffle", "Jet Airliner", and "Brown Eyed Girl"!

But just as 99.9 WODE has moved their playlist more towards the '80s and '90s (and yet they still call it "Classic Rock"!), WLEV has shifted towards the '90s and 2000s, and dropped all '80s and older music from their regular rotation.

Remember when B-104 was Hot A/C? I still don't get why they have that creepy B as their mascot...No other CHRs have a mascot it makes them look like a Hot A/C or something

May want to listen longer
80s is a big part of lev
3-4 per hour
An 80s lunch hour
And a Saturday night all 80s show

I listened all day long at work except for Noon to 1 PM, and did not hear any '80s music played at all. Maybe they do indeed play '80s music during the lunch hour, but otherwise I didn't hear any, not even 1 song per hour, let alone "3 or 4".

Looking at LEV's own website:

It appears they're playing one 80s song per hour.
The lunch time feature is 80s and 90s.
The syndicated programs on Saturday night : 8-10pm is 80s, 10pm-midnight is 90s.

They haven't eliminated 80s, but they've de-emphasized them.

I still want to know why LV doesn't have a WOGL/CBS-FM styled station?

When they first became 100.7 WLEV, they had the modern day Pam's jingles, with the WABC signature theme.

Just a thought... Gut the newer stuff, break out the jingles, slap an echo chambers on that air chain, and HAVE AT IT!!!

MB1370 said:
I still want to know why LV doesn't have a WOGL/CBS-FM styled station?

When they first became 100.7 WLEV, they had the modern day Pam's jingles, with the WABC signature theme.

Just a thought... Gut the newer stuff, break out the jingles, slap an echo chambers on that air chain, and HAVE AT IT!!!

I don't get why either. WOGL does really well, and I'm sure people are tired of the Hawk's stale playlist. The Hawk has a lot of crossovers that ZZO plays, but go figure they're not going anywhere.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom