• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

WKTI To Flip To Sports

Country Aircheck just reported that Good Karma will flip WKTI from country to sports on November 1:

WKTI To Flip, Staff To Depart: Good Karma Brands is flipping Country WKTI/Milwaukee to Sports Nov. 1. The move aligns the company's sports and broadcast interests, but will lead to the Oct. 31 departure of staffers including PD Ryan Wild, MD/afternooner Karen Dalessandro and morning personality Carol Vonn.

On 8/21, Nurse Jeff and I thought this was a possibility :
Will this open the door to the first full market coverage FM sports station? hmmmmmm.....
Made sense two months ago, and makes even more sense today. Good Karma is living up to its namesake with 5~Forty, 6~Twenty and 94~Five.

On 8/21, Nurse Jeff and I thought this was a possibility : Made sense two months ago, and makes even more sense today. Good Karma is living up to its namesake with 5~Forty, 6~Twenty and 94~Five.

That's why you're the doctor. It will likely mean the death of WTMJ.

Not surprising in the least. It's the obvious thing to do. I'm sure IHeartMedia is glad to hear this- it leaves 106.1 WMIL as the only country station in the market again.

Not surprising in the least. It's the obvious thing to do. I'm sure IHeartMedia is glad to hear this- it leaves 106.1 WMIL as the only country station in the market again.

For the time being. Saga likes running its Outlaw format on many of their translators. Someone will go for those shares besides WMIL.

Not likely there will be a second full power Country station again unless MRA pulled the plug on WLUM, which probably isn't going to happen.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom