• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

WKBC Has Modified from Hot AC to AC

Wikipedia says they use Dial Global for programming, wonder if that is still the case?
Dial Global - through mergers, purchases, etc several years ago - renamed itself Westwood One, under the umbrella (I believe) of Cumulus Media. Someone, please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. I tried to give the simplified version. So, if you Google Westwood One, you'll find all the formats they offer - including AC now running on WKBC.

I used to listen 97.3 FM out of North Wilkesboro regularly until early 2018 when the translator interference in the South Charlotte, and the Matthews-Mint Hill area began, since the translator in Monroe signed on to the same frequency.

I thought the station sounded good when I was in the Asheville area back when WOXL first came on the air and I guess the car didn't have a digital display for the FM radio, so I didn't know what I was hearing. I wanted to know what this new station sounded like.

Now, however, if causes interference when I'm trying to listen to a great oldies station in Asheville. Once I get to Black Mountain I can hear the Asheville station, but WKBC is still interfering.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom