• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

WJSE- North Cape May relaunches as "Planet 106.3"

The re-launch broadens the Alternative station's music library and matches the imaging of sister station "Planet 93.9 KQCJ" in Quad Cities.

Even by typical puffy press release standards, that is some over the top buzzword bingo going on. Sheesh.
"Cape May-Atlantic City market"? Has to be a purposeful switcheroo, no? I mean, does anyone not call it the Atlantic City-Cape May market?

Just was down there today visiting a friend in Wildwood. Had the radio tuned to 106.3 and saw the RDS read "Planet 106.3". The on-air DJ sounded like he was using a gaming headset mic but the music was of a FAR better alternative selection than Alt 104.5 in Philly. Heard stuff like Stars by Hum that never gets played on the other so-called alt stations. Of course their signal is abysmal and the audio could be processed much louder, but not a bad station overall, programming wise.

Just was down there today visiting a friend in Wildwood. Had the radio tuned to 106.3 and saw the RDS read "Planet 106.3". The on-air DJ sounded like he was using a gaming headset mic but the music was of a FAR better alternative selection than Alt 104.5 in Philly. Heard stuff like Stars by Hum that never gets played on the other so-called alt stations. Of course their signal is abysmal and the audio could be processed much louder, but not a bad station overall, programming wise.
I too was listening last weekend while on a mini vacation. 1045 in philly has sucked for awhile now. They were great from 07-13 and okay After that until the name went from Radio 1045 to Alt 1045. I have several hours of it recorded if anyone would like drop an email or pm me and ill send you the FLAC files of it. The station sounds great!

Gotta say that this change was one for the better. They were getting really on the nose with their selections lately (sounding not too different from the Audacy/iHeart take on the format), but they’ve really broadened the playlist and it’s reminding me of the old ‘JSE that was one of my favorite stations back in the day. I will definitely be listening more often as they do a nice blend of familiar with plenty of surprises.

Was WJSE & WCZT sold? They were under Coastal Broadcasting but now they are under a company called Regional Media which owns 28 stations in the US. They mention a "Regional Media Station" at the top of the hour ID.

I also noticed they moved their studios from Pacific Ave in Wildwood to Route 47 in Rio Grande (just down the road from Menz Restaurant). Looks like they still have additional studios at Adventure Pier on the Wildwood Boardwalk

Also I found interesting that when I was near Adventure Pier they were doing construction and they uncovered an old advertisement on the side of of one the buildings for Modern AC 106.3 The Shore WKOE back in the 90s. This was the 106.3 licensed to Ocean City that moved to 106.5 and is now WTHJ Bass River Township (not to be confused with the Classic Hits format on 106.3 in the late 2010's that was also called "The Shore" as the logo shown was from the 90s format)

Was WJSE & WCZT sold? They were under Coastal Broadcasting but now they are under a company called Regional Media which owns 28 stations in the US. They mention a "Regional Media Station" at the top of the hour ID.

I also noticed they moved their studios from Pacific Ave in Wildwood to Route 47 in Rio Grande (just down the road from Menz Restaurant). Looks like they still have additional studios at Adventure Pier on the Wildwood Boardwalk

Also I found interesting that when I was near Adventure Pier they were doing construction and they uncovered an old advertisement on the side of of one the buildings for Modern AC 106.3 The Shore WKOE back in the 90s. This was the 106.3 licensed to Ocean City that moved to 106.5 and is now WTHJ Bass River Township (not to be confused with the Classic Hits format on 106.3 in the late 2010's that was also called "The Shore" as the logo shown was from the 90s format)
There must have been a lot of interference since the 106.3 signal basically covered the entire Jersey Shore on 3 different signals in different markets.

No. Coastal Broadcasting is still the licensee of WCZT and WJSE. Bob Maschio, owner of the stations, is a partner in Radio Workflow, a radio operations software suite, with Fletcher Ford, the owner of Regional Media in the midwest. The duo have combined their operations under the Regional Media brand and share infrastructure.

There must have been a lot of interference since the 106.3 signal basically covered the entire Jersey Shore on 3 different signals in different markets.

Along the Jersey Shore the alignment used to be the following:

106.3 Eatontown
106.3 Ocean City
106.7 North Cape May

Sometime around 2005, the Ocean City 106.3 moved their transmitter about 35 miles north and changed their frequency to 106.5 and is licensed now to Bass River Township simulcasting 106.3 Eatontown.

106.7 North Cape May changed their frequency to 106.3 in 2011. They first moved their transmitter about 5 miles Northeast to a tower just outside of Wildwood on Route 47. A few years later they moved about 10 miles north to their current location in Swainton with a directional signal.

The allocations for the stations are now:

106.3 Eatontown
106.5 Bass River Township
106.3 North Cape May

No. Coastal Broadcasting is still the licensee of WCZT and WJSE. Bob Maschio, owner of the stations, is a partner in Radio Workflow, a radio operations software suite, with Fletcher Ford, the owner of Regional Media in the midwest. The duo have combined their operations under the Regional Media brand and share infrastructure.

Thanks Lance! This makes a lot more sense now.

Along the Jersey Shore the alignment used to be the following:

106.3 Eatontown
106.3 Ocean City
106.7 North Cape May

Sometime around 2005, the Ocean City 106.3 moved their transmitter about 35 miles north and changed their frequency to 106.5 and is licensed now to Bass River Township simulcasting 106.3 Eatontown.

106.7 North Cape May changed their frequency to 106.3 in 2011. They first moved their transmitter about 5 miles Northeast to a tower just outside of Wildwood on Route 47. A few years later they moved about 10 miles north to their current location in Swainton with a directional signal.

The allocations for the stations are now:

106.3 Eatontown
106.5 Bass River Township
106.3 North Cape May
Thanks. Was Bass River Township moved from 106.3 to 106.5 to protect 106.3 Eatontown?

Am I loosing it but wasn't the 106.3 signal WSLT-FM years back on the current WIBG-FM 94.3 tower in Palermo, the AM 1520 had those two 30 foot towers on the golf course off the parkway no signal north. WJSE 106.3 is now on the old 94.3 WWOC tower off the Avalon causeway. So the way I see it the 94.3 and 106.3 signals swapped towers, question is WHY? and how did they pull that off.

Back
Top Bottom