• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

WING on XM

Did any of you listeners from the Dayton/Cincinnati area catch Xm's salute to WING this past Friday? Interested to hear your comments. Any idea on how we can get them to do a friday salute to WSAI in Cincinnati?

FRR said:
Did any of you listeners from the Dayton/Cincinnati area catch Xm's salute to WING this past Friday? Interested to hear your comments. Any idea on how we can get them to do a friday salute to WSAI in Cincinnati?
How about a salute to any radio station (AM or FM in any market) every Friday? That would be grand!

Radio1360 said:
FRR said:
How about a salute to any radio station (AM or FM in any market) every Friday? That would be grand!

The salutes are already a Friday feature. Saluting FMs wouldn't make sense on a channel devoted to the '60s, unless they were to salute an early "underground" rocker like WBCN or WMMS, but that would probably work better on Deep Tracks than on 60s on 6. Besides, those FM stations didn't have jingle packages, and old jingles are a big part of the fun of XM's station recreations.

I have both WING salutes recorded. Most recent one is on my iPod. As for WSAI, you might try calling Terry or e-mailing him. I seem to remember talking to him a year or so ago and he didn't seem to be aware that WSAI was no longer an oldies station.

I heard some of it last night. Very cool to hear some of these old stations.

Have they ever saluted WQXI, Quixie in Dixie, from Atlanta? I haven't heard it. And next week they're saluting WABC....again.

If you do contact Terry, you might want to tell him where to get ahold of some WSAI airchecks if you know where some are available. I know Tom Konard hooked him up with the WING airchecks, and he also has a few WSAI airchecks.

I remember Terry Young when he was on WIFI-92 and WCAU-FM (Both in Philadelphia). His salute to WIBG-AM about a year ago was great!!!!!! ;D

Stuart

Chad said:
I have both WING salutes recorded. Most recent one is on my iPod. As for WSAI, you might try calling Terry or e-mailing him. I seem to remember talking to him a year or so ago and he didn't seem to be aware that WSAI was no longer an oldies station.

Any way you could email me the most recent WING salute?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom