• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

WILE-FM America's Best Music Now on Audacy.com

If you are looking for stations that stream "America's Best Music" from Westwood One, here's another one. I notice WILE 97.7 FM in Byesville OH, is now steaming on Audacy.com, although it is sometimes interrupted by sports. WILE also runs promos that from 5 to 6 a.m. weekdays the station carries America in The Morning, also from Westwood One. Not sure why a music FM is running an hour-long news magazine. And the station airs a couple minutes of Fox News on the hour.

We already have WNAM Neenah-Menasha WI available on both Audacy.com and iHeartRadio.com. KRIM Mason City IA is also listed as America's Best Music but I think they program it locally. Some songs that I don't think ABM would air, 1960s oldies and 1950s standards, are sometimes heard on KRIM. But maybe that's more to your liking. KRIM is also on both Audacy and iHeart. But WILE is only on Audacy.

One extra note on WILE 97.7. It runs what I think is automated weather. It's done very well and you may not notice it. It starts out with the current temperature and sky condition. "57 degrees with partly cloudy skies." Then it gives a brief sentence about today, tonight, tomorrow and the following day. "Today, sunny with a high in the 70s. Tonight partly cloudy with a low in the 40s. Tomorrow, partly sunny with a high in the 60s. Wednesday, some rain and drizzle, high in the 60s." I think each sentence is automated. The announcer recorded every temperature, every sky condition, every high and low. If the computer knows what the forecast is, the automation will fill in the details.

If you are looking for stations that stream "America's Best Music" from Westwood One, here's another one. I notice WILE 97.7 FM in Byesville OH, is now steaming on Audacy.com, although it is sometimes interrupted by sports. WILE also runs promos that from 5 to 6 a.m. weekdays the station carries America in The Morning, also from Westwood One. Not sure why a music FM is running an hour-long news magazine. And the station airs a couple minutes of Fox News on the hour.

We already have WNAM Neenah-Menasha WI available on both Audacy.com and iHeartRadio.com. KRIM Mason City IA is also listed as America's Best Music but I think they program it locally. Some songs that I don't think ABM would air, 1960s oldies and 1950s standards, are sometimes heard on KRIM. But maybe that's more to your liking. KRIM is also on both Audacy and iHeart. But WILE is only on Audacy.

One extra note on WILE 97.7. It runs what I think is automated weather. It's done very well and you may not notice it. It starts out with the current temperature and sky condition. "57 degrees with partly cloudy skies." Then it gives a brief sentence about today, tonight, tomorrow and the following day. "Today, sunny with a high in the 70s. Tonight partly cloudy with a low in the 40s. Tomorrow, partly sunny with a high in the 60s. Wednesday, some rain and drizzle, high in the 60s." I think each sentence is automated. The announcer recorded every temperature, every sky condition, every high and low. If the computer knows what the forecast is, the automation will fill in the details.

I think in some cases, an early morning news magazine isnt a bad idea on a music station

In this case, its an FM targetted toward an older audience that is kind of rule... might not have the best internet and some might not have social media and smartphones... so bring them a newscast/magazine of sorts first thing.

And its not If the computer knows the forecast, its jhow it works. It's probably Dave Scott's system or Weatherology........ thousands of phrases were recorded, its set to go look for the forecast at a specific place, liek the NWS at a certain time.. and it scans the forecast and assembles the phrases automatically.

I think in some cases, an early morning news magazine isnt a bad idea on a music station
For 20 years or so, Mike Joseph's original Hot Hits station had a 3 hour solid news block in AM drive.

But when it moved from AM to FM, the Hot Hits format went with no news blocks and the AM became, well into the 90's, all news.

When going to Ohio’s Amish Country, we often listen to this station.

Back
Top Bottom