• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Wichita’s ‘My Country’ changing?

Colby was over their whole My country branding as I've been listening since their days running red dirt with country at KQZQ in Kiowa in 2010. But as far as I know he was running the brand or at least face of it last 5 or so years.
Not sure if they axed him for the ratings or something else (as thos was too abrupt .. usually MD/PD get time to tweak playlists before they are out), but with 2 major stations plus 100.5 plus rim shots 102.9 and 98.3 doing modern country, I was thinking. That with station being on and off, would take major advertising splurge to make ratings again on 100.5 imo.
But I personally loved how it was different and people tired of the " pop country" who usually gravitate to classic country I think would have been a good aim.

Anyway looks like the web people goofed up as their player has a header showing Twister 100.5 and saw a logo showing country hits. Plus spoke to someone who said dirt was out.. so basically another cookie cutter country station to go with 101.3, 102.1, and 102.9.

Now question is, what happens to the other my country stations ad they had been red dirt/country but 98.3 is still showing as my country but with different Playlist but still cookie cutter country hits.

KVWF just posted a .2. I know Wichita needed another country outlet like a punch in the gut but I thought it'd be slightly better than that. We'll see what Twister does for them.

Not sure if they axed him for the ratings or something else (as thos was too abrupt .. usually MD/PD get time to tweak playlists before they are out), but with 2 major stations plus 100.5 plus rim shots 102.9 and 98.3 doing modern country, I was thinking. That with station being on and off, would take major advertising splurge to make ratings again on 100.5 imo.

Anyway looks like the web people goofed up as their player has a header showing Twister 100.5 and saw a logo showing country hits. Plus spoke to someone who said dirt was out.. so basically another cookie cutter country station to go with 101.3, 102.1, and 102.9

There's also 106.1 that has about the same coverage over Wichita as KHUT. Throwing in classic country, you could add 3 more to the list.

I honestly don't know what else Murfin/MyTown would try. But I can't imagine they're too thrilled with a 0.2.

Back
Top Bottom