• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

WICC-TV Channel 43 Bridgeport,CT

This station was on back in the 1950's, until 1960 , and listed its studio location if I recall correctly in Trumbull,CT. Does anybody know if this was also their transmitter location ? If the studio location was not the transmitter location ,where was the transmitter located ,when it was WICC-TV ?

Al

Booth Hill in Trumbull, the "Hi-Ho" tower that now has WPKN, WEZN and WEBE on it.

Thanks ,Scott. I remember back in the late 50's in the NYC TV Guide as well as the TV listing book that was in the New York Herald Tribune ( no longer exist ) the listings for Channel 43 were sparse.
At the time they seem to carry some ABC programming, also they seem to come on at 6PM everyday. They had listings like 6-6:30PM FILM . . . then nothing ,then 7:30-8PM ARMY FILM . . . that was it. On the network shows, they didn't carry every network show ,some time periods showed no listings.
I had no way of seeing them ,no UHF tuner back then plus I was in Northern NJ ,if they came in it would have been weak.
Again Thanks for info.

Al

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom