• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Why isn't Saul Levine changing 540 to Classical?

With what is happening in Los Angeles where Saul Levine is flip flopping the calls and format of 1260 and 105.1, I am surprised that Saul is continuing to broadcast country on 540 still as san Diego already has 2 FM Country Stations. With KFSD-1450 switching to Adult standards, I am surprised that Saul doesn't flip 540 to Classical as "XEMZT"?

Saul doesn't know what the heck he's doing. Radio stations are his toys and he plays with them to suit his purposes, not for any logical reasons.

Madmansam said:
With what is happening in Los Angeles where Saul Levine is flip flopping the calls and format of 1260 and 105.1, I am surprised that Saul is continuing to broadcast country on 540 still as san Diego already has 2 FM Country Stations. With KFSD-1450 switching to Adult standards, I am surprised that Saul doesn't flip 540 to Classical as "XEMZT"?

I was wondering this myself. I do agree with you that 540 should be something else, for the reason you stated, about San Diego already having two Country stations on FM. If I had my drothers, Saul Levine could try oldies on that frequency again, but I doubt that will happen, given that the oldies format is in the toilet these days.

Refresh my memory; Didn't he take a 540 station in the L.A. Region dark to power up the Tijuana area 540? Never been to the area, but thought I read this somewhere. I got an aircheck that's been circulated around with Florence Henderson hosting showtunes on his 1260 (Hollywood?).

Ron Gitschier
Palm Coast, FL
Oldies 93.3 (LP)FM

Saul's LA region 540 got an expanded band freq. 1650 which he later sold. The city of license was first Hesperia, the Costa Mesa. The transmitter site remained about half way between between Lucerne Valley and Barstow, a massive site with 5 500 foot towers ! Awhile after Saul's 540 was rolling along a new 540 hit the air in Rosarito Beach south of Tijuana. Initially it was Spanish, then Saul "leased" it and similcasted both 540's untill the "L.A." one moved to 1650. I know it's a pipe dream but I would like Rich Brother Robbin's richbroradio.com internet oldies "station" on 540.

RockyWShore said:
Refresh my memory; Didn't he take a 540 station in the L.A. Region dark to power up the Tijuana area 540? Never been to the area, but thought I read this somewhere. I got an aircheck that's been circulated around with Florence Henderson hosting showtunes on his 1260 (Hollywood?).

No, he shut off 540 so he could sell 1650.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom