• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

WHUD Why did they Split up Mike & Kacey ?

I think nearly every AC station in the country has a male-female morning team. Sales must be hurting to have a one-person morning show.

I think nearly every AC station in the country has a male-female morning team. Sales must be hurting to have a one-person morning show.
Well Thanx so much for replying. Some replies I’ve received told me it was obvious. WHUD wanted to save money. Mike & Kacey were together 24 years ?? I think Management took a chance by splitting them up & losing listeners.

There had been other layoffs earlier. The overnight position was eliminated a few years ago. The program director and music director/midday host were let go about a year ago. And evenings were switched from a live local host to the syndicated John Tesh Show.

So the station is now running with only three live, local DJs, Mike Bennett mornings, Kacey in middays and Andy Bale in afternoons. There's a DJs name listed for overnights, Jimmy Lyles. But I'm guessing he's voice tracking it from another market. A sure sign is that he's listed seven days a week, including weekend evenings. I'm not sure if the station still has weekend DJs or is voice tracked or automated on weekends.

Is there an off-air program director anymore? I'd guess someone at co-owned Albany AC station WYJB probably covers WHUD too. Why have two adult contemporary PDs 100 miles apart?

There had been other layoffs earlier. The overnight position was eliminated a few years ago. The program director and music director/midday host were let go about a year ago. And evenings were switched from a live local host to the syndicated John Tesh Show.

So the station is now running with only three live, local DJs, Mike Bennett mornings, Kacey in middays and Andy Bale in afternoons. There's a DJs name listed for overnights, Jimmy Lyles. But I'm guessing he's voice tracking it from another market. A sure sign is that he's listed seven days a week, including weekend evenings. I'm not sure if the station still has weekend DJs or is voice tracked or automated on weekends.

Is there an off-air program director anymore? I'd guess someone at co-owned Albany AC station WYJB probably covers WHUD too. Why have two adult contemporary PDs 100 miles apart?
He sounds like he’s looking for someone to talk to

Back
Top Bottom