• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Whitney Houston (1963-2012)

And to think, she had 13 number-one singles on Billboard's Dance Club Songs chart, so I'm surprised that not a lot of Dance stations are playing her club hits. I remember back in 1999 that KNHC/Seattle played "It's Not Alright, But It's Okay" in heavy rotation, and that was the remixed version.

only1moore said:
And to think, she had 13 number-one singles on Billboard's Dance Club Songs chart, so I'm surprised that not a lot of Dance stations are playing her club hits. I remember back in 1999 that KNHC/Seattle played "It's Not Alright, But It's Okay" in heavy rotation, and that was the remixed version.

I just did around 10PM EST, two hours after the announcement. Within that hour I played, "It's Not Right, But It's Okay," "My Love Is Your Love," Heartbreak Hotel," Try It On My Own," and "Same Script, Different Cast" with Deborah Cox and a 20 minute Soundfactory megamix of her club hits from 1999-2003.

At 3:55pm local time...We lost one of the greatest talent ever in music history and industry...Whitney Houston.

May you find peace, love, unity, and respect up in heaven.

This weekend we must be in mourn and memory of Whitney Houston and the rest of her family.

Every DJ and remixer who worked with Whitney Houston also mourns the loss as well.

We love you and will never ever forget you :'(

Rest In Peace Whitney Houston...Rest In Peace friend

For some reason "I Wanna Dance With Somebody" keeps jumping into my head. After
hearing much of her songs on the radio today, her voice was more like a musical instrument.
Her range and quick changes are unreachable to most singers.....who even attempt them.

gregg75 said:
For some reason "I Wanna Dance With Somebody" keeps jumping into my head. After
hearing much of her songs on the radio today, her voice was more like a musical instrument.
Her range and quick changes are unreachable to most singers.....who even attempt them.

I forget which R&B artist said this yesterday at the Grammys (she was young), but she said that Whitney was the "benchmark" in terms of her voice and that even though she tried to come close to it with a remake of one of her songs, she couldn't and really DIDN'T WANT TO TRY to match what Whitney did because it was "impossible".

And that's what makes Whitney even more special. She didn't need a "gimmick". She didn't have to be the best dancer on stage. She just sung and that's what did it for her :). While no comparison, in terms of today's music, Adele is the one artist that comes to mind where her voice "sells" her. And that's rare. :)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom