• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Where's the Breeze? (KWBL HD2 Denver)

FWIW, WSSL-HD2 in Greenville, SC has dropped The Breeze as of today for a “club jam country” format.
Just checked, and KWBL doesn't have club jam yet, but I would be excited for it when it does come. It would nicely complement 106.7 The Bull.

What's that? Today's hits and recurrents spun club DJ-style, minus the ballads and acoustic-sounding songs? Or just uptempo, danceable country from '90s through today?
Link to IHeart's Club Jam Country stream, described as "Live Country Mixes from Club Jam":

iHeart also offers 8 other Club Jam channels:

Club Jam Hip Hop
A live mix of Hip Hop from Club Jam

Club Jam Latin Pop
A Live Mix of Latin Hits from Club Jam

Club Jam Hits
Live Mix of Today's Biggest Hits

Club Jam Dance
Live Mix of Dance Hits

Club Jam EDM
Live Mix of EDM Hits

Club Jam Classic Hip Hop
Live Mix of Classic Hip Hop

Club Jam Christmas
A Live Mix of Christmas Favorites

Club Jam Retro
Live Mixes from the 80's, 90's, & Today

Link to IHeart's Club Jam Country stream, described as "Live Country Mixes from Club Jam":

iHeart also offers 8 other Club Jam channels:

Club Jam Hip Hop
A live mix of Hip Hop from Club Jam

Club Jam Latin Pop
A Live Mix of Latin Hits from Club Jam

Club Jam Hits
Live Mix of Today's Biggest Hits

Club Jam Dance
Live Mix of Dance Hits

Club Jam EDM
Live Mix of EDM Hits

Club Jam Classic Hip Hop
Live Mix of Classic Hip Hop

Club Jam Christmas
A Live Mix of Christmas Favorites

Club Jam Retro
Live Mixes from the 80's, 90's, & Today
So basically a lot of Modern Country with a little bit of classic country, and maybe the occasional crossover with pop?

Just gave it a brief listen, seems to be a dumbed-down, beat-heavy country format, with the beat of heavily rhythmic songs put on repeat and flowed into the heavily rhythmic intros to the next songs. The ending of "Drunk (And I Wanna Go Home)" going thump-thump-thump-thump into the repetitious strum-strum-strum-strum beginning of "Heart on Fire." Not my red plastic cup of beer, but, at 66, I'm an outlier for modern country anyway. This new iHeart format has obviously targeted the youngest part of the country audience by eliminating most of the songs done in the styles that listeners who were into country music before 2000 like most. I'm sure a lot of research went into this format, and I'm sure it has a better shot at monetization than a pure classic country format does. Oh well ... time marches on,

Just gave it a brief listen, seems to be a dumbed-down, beat-heavy country format, with the beat of heavily rhythmic songs put on repeat and flowed into the heavily rhythmic intros to the next songs. The ending of "Drunk (And I Wanna Go Home)" going thump-thump-thump-thump into the repetitious strum-strum-strum-strum beginning of "Heart on Fire." Not my red plastic cup of beer, but, at 66, I'm an outlier for modern country anyway. This new iHeart format has obviously targeted the youngest part of the country audience by eliminating most of the songs done in the styles that listeners who were into country music before 2000 like most. I'm sure a lot of research went into this format, and I'm sure it has a better shot at monetization than a pure classic country format does. Oh well ... time marches on,
A Country format that actually appeals to kids? hmmm...
Why are 106.7 the Bull's ratings so horrible as of late?
Apparently KYGO knows something KWBL does not, even though KWBL seems to have a slightly better signal, and is iHeart. Maybe it's those excessive commercials?

A Country format that actually appeals to kids? hmmm...
Not kids, although some teens may enjoy it. I'm thinking more of the 20-something women you see dominating the front rows of a lot of arena shows. It's a party-hearty bunch who like being the women that bro-country songwriters like to write songs about.

The Breeze was dropped from WWYZ-HD2 around March 1st.

I'm disappointed to hear the Breeze is being dropped from so many of its former outlets. It's still on WKTU-HD2 in NYC. And I heard it a few weeks ago on WZZO-HD2 in Allentown. Here's the Breeze rundown, before it started to get dropped in some markets. I got this from all the legal ID's heard on The Breeze each hour...

The Breeze Radio Stations

Market (City of License)................................ Call sign and HD channel

--Albany, NY (Rotterdam)..............................WTRY-FM-HD2
--Akron, OH (Canton)......................................WRQK-HD2
--Allentown, PA (Bethlehem)........................WZZO-HD2
--Atlanta, GA.......................................................WUBL-HD3
--Baltimore, MD.................................................WPOC-HD2
--Birmingham, AL (Pelham)...........................WDXB-HD3
--Charleston, SC.................................................WEZL-HD2
--Chicago, IL........................................................WLIT-HD2
--Cleveland, OH..................................................WGAR-FM-HD2
--Columbia, SC....................................................WNOK-HD3
--Dallas, TX (Fort Worth)..................................KEGL-HD2
--Denver, CO.........................................................KWBL-HD2
--Greensboro, NC (Eden).................................WPTI-HD2
--Hartford, CT (Waterbury)..............................WWYZ-HD2
--Jacksonville, FL (Green Cove Springs)......WWJK-HD2
--Las Vegas, NV [flagship*]...............................KSNE-HD2
--Los Angeles, CA.................................................KOST-HD3
--Madison, WI (Sun Prairie)..............................WXXM-HD3
--Miami, FL (Fort Lauderdale)..........................WBGG-HD3
--Minneapolis, MN (St. Paul)............................KEEY-HD3
--New York, NY (Lake Success).......................WKTU-HD2
--Norfolk, VA.........................................................WMOV-FM-HD3
--Orlando, FL (Tavares).......................................WXXL-HD3
--Phoenix, AZ.........................................................KESZ-HD3
--Portland, OR (Lake Oswego)........................KLTH-HD3
--Providence, RI (Taunton MA).......................WSNE-FM-HD3
--Rochester, NY (Canandaigua)......................WVOR-HD3
--San Diego, CA....................................................KMYI-HD3
--Seattle, WA..........................................................KJR-FM-HD3
--Spokane, WA......................................................KKZX-HD2
--Syracuse, NY.......................................................WYYY-HD3
--Tampa, FL.............................................................WMTX-HD3
--Toledo, OH..........................................................WRVF-HD3
--Washington, DC................................................WASH-HD3
*As the flagship station, KSNE Las Vegas carries the programming heard on the iHeartRadio app for "The Breeze." If you listen to the website or the app, the only legal station identification heard is for KSNE-HD2.

Does anyone have a list of planned markets for the "Club Jam" Launch?

The Breeze has been off WXXM-HD3 (Sun Prairie / Madison, WI) for a few weeks now. In fact, WXXM has dropped both their HD2 (Matthew West radio) and HD3 (Breeze) stations. HD1 is still working.

I don't know if that's permanent / by design or not. HD on WXXM has been flaky for years -- the Matthew West HD2 station was frequently glitchy -- it was not uncommon to hear a few seconds of a song just repeating ad nauseam, then a pre-recorded break, then a few seconds of the next song repeating. Before that, WXXM-HD2 had "Christmas" music for a couple months -- and by Christmas music, I mean two months of dead air, but song data for songs you couldn't hear. 🤦‍♂️

HD2 (Matthew West radio)

Matthew West HD2 station
Wut? In that case, we might see a Chris Tomlin spinoff, and Matt Maher, and Steven Curtis Chapman? Welp, Hillsong already has their own cable TV channel. Although, I really love Matthew West's songs, so that sounds good.

The Matthew West channel was one of iHeart’s Special Event streams. They have several streams set aside for artist new releases and events, each of them were given an HD2. They ran the 80s Music log with a Legal ID on those streams when no special event was happening.

It seems they are just phasing out HD2 in general in most places. In Milwaukee, the last two running are WMIL HD2 (Alt2K) and WRNW HD2 (WISN-AM Simulcast) WKKV HD2 (The Breeze) was turned off in 2020 and WRIT HD2 (Real Oldies) was turned off in 2019.

I don’t believe they have any engineers in Wisconsin anymore, and if they do the last thing on their mind is HD2. WXXM-2 might still have the Special Event channel attached to it but could simply be off the air because of a tech problem. They’re still looking for a Regional Engineer who would have to cover Chicago, Milwaukee and Madison which is insane. No wonder it’s still vacant.

That national “Breeze” feed is being shut down. It serves no purpose for them anymore.

Last edited:
KKZX 98.9-HD2 Spokane is still active as of March 23.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom