• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

When will 107.9 W300EI ever go on the air?

New York City needs a new radio station and 107.9 W300EI has been silent since they got their permit to broadcast on 107.9 from lower Manhattan. I eagerly anticipate the day when I can tune to 107.9 and hear W300EI on the air!

New York City needs a new radio station and 107.9 W300EI has been silent since they got their permit to broadcast on 107.9 from lower Manhattan. I eagerly anticipate the day when I can tune to 107.9 and hear W300EI on the air!
It will only cover Manhattan up to Central Park South, most of Brooklyn, a tiny bit of Queens and a little touch of Jersey. It can't compete with anyone. With its low power, penetrating into buildings will be very difficult.

The FCC filings indicate it will rebroadcast WJDM 1530 AM (Radio Cantico) in Mineola.
But that could just be a placeholder.

It will put an end to the pirate on 107.9.
And if the current pirate is broadcasting Spanish-language religion, as many pirates do, and if Radio Cantico will become the station relayed in its place, NickD might not be able to tell the difference. The translator will just bring a Mineola AM signal into more of New York City.

I thought the deal to buy out 107.9 WOLD-LP and take it dark to allow this translator to go on the air fell through. WOLD-LP is still broadcasting "Sunny 107.9", a Soft AC format with all liners and weather reports done by AI voices.

Does the powerful WEBE 107.9 in Westport CT have a decent signal in the area that will be covered by the translator?
Since WEBE moved from the Water Tower site a few years back, it pulled their signal further North of where it previously was essentially moving the signal further inland. Were it not for that move, this translator seems to have had even less real estate to work with while clearing everything on 107.9 ... WEBE is "there" but not nearly as strong as it once was short of tropo conditions wherein it's like a local many a time.

I thought the deal to buy out 107.9 WOLD-LP and take it dark to allow this translator to go on the air fell through. WOLD-LP is still broadcasting "Sunny 107.9", a Soft AC format with all liners and weather reports done by AI voices.
It wasn’t W300EI, it was W300CZ

Does the powerful WEBE 107.9 in Westport CT have a decent signal in the area that will be covered by the translator?
In the Northeast Essex area, it's not as strong but when it transmitted from Bridgeport, there was always a pirate interfering anyway... Same goes for 99.9, Star comes in a little better

There was also a pirate somewhere along I-5 between Kelso and Portland on 87.9 playing radio inappropriate rap lyrics with curse words in it. It wasn’t the clean version the radio is allowed to play. I don’t even think that song is allowed to play on commercial radio anyways as I only remember hearing it on that pirate radio station.

In the Northeast Essex area, it's not as strong but when it transmitted from Bridgeport, there was always a pirate interfering anyway... Same goes for 99.9, Star comes in a little better
I hear them both a lot in Montclair near my apartment. My parents don't get either in West Milford despite being closer to CT.

I hear them both a lot in Montclair near my apartment. My parents don't get either in West Milford despite being closer to CT.
Harriman State Park and Bear Mountain likely block the signals. West Milford I believe you can get Poughkeepsie stations clear, at least WSPK and WPDH.

Back
Top Bottom