• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

What's the point of cheap local TV stations anymore?

All you have to do is look at the video of the transfer, a nice exit, a non existent intro...comes right up in the middle of a preacher. Not a good start.
What I think is keeping TCT on the air. Is a lot of their stations are adding 8 to 10 sub channels. So they have a lot of ad revenue. In my local market we have 10 sub channels on the TCT affiliate here.

What I think is keeping TCT on the air. Is a lot of their stations are adding 8 to 10 sub channels. So they have a lot of ad revenue. In my local market we have 10 sub channels on the TCT affiliate here.
I didn't realize that TCT had so many subchannels until I looked on Rabbit Ears at the info for WTCT, their flagship station in Marion, IL, where my wife's sister lives. They have 7 occupied and 2 open subchannels, all of which are secular diginets except Jimmy Swaggart's Sonlife and TCT itself.

There are a lot of people who don’t stream even in 2022, so having an over the air antenna is not a bad idea. It’s also good as a backup, because in case of a bad storm and your internet goes out, you can still watch your local news and weather. The sub channels can offer a good variety of classic or even rarer programs you won’t find on streaming or cable. For example I love MeTV and Court TV and those are not carried on any of the streaming services. Some of the Spanish and PBS stations are also not available to stream.

There are a lot of people who don’t stream even in 2022, so having an over the air antenna is not a bad idea. It’s also good as a backup, because in case of a bad storm and your internet goes out, you can still watch your local news and weather. The sub channels can offer a good variety of classic or even rarer programs you won’t find on streaming or cable. For example I love MeTV and Court TV and those are not carried on any of the streaming services. Some of the Spanish and PBS stations are also not available to stream.
During a storm, though, I haven't had good experiences with an antenna, so it would have to be after a storm when cable isn't working. That has happened to me once.

There are a lot of people who don’t stream even in 2022,
Nationwide, that's about 19% of TV viewing is OTA.
During a storm, though, I haven't had good experiences with an antenna, so it would have to be after a storm when cable isn't working. That has happened to me once.
Depends on whether it's a decent outdoor antenna with the right amount of gain, verses a flat wall antenna or one stuck in the attic.

Nationwide, that's about 19% of TV viewing is OTA.

Depends on whether it's a decent outdoor antenna with the right amount of gain, verses a flat wall antenna or one stuck in the attic.
It's sitting on top of the old TV.

I haven't managed to find anyone to install a good antenna outside.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom