• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

What's the brand and model of the older tabletop radio on "CBS This Morning"?

What's the brand and model of the older tabletop radio on "CBS This Morning"?

What's the brand and model of the older tabletop radio on the set of "CBS This Morning"?... in the background on the set of the CBS News morning broadcast. The old tabletop radio can be seen in the camera angle shot toward the shelf behind the person being interviewed seated in a chair on the right side of the morning news set.

It isn't a Grundig. This old tabletop radio design style is similar to the Grundig style and color, example clips at
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqcSdvpzs3A
http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=7408240n

Re: What's the brand and model of the older tabletop radio on "CBS This Morning"?

Number One, how do you know it's not a Grundig?
Unless there's a better camera angle/closer shot somewhere, I don't really see how you can tell. Unless, of course, you've already poured over pics of all the old Etons and Grundigs made in the 1950s, '60s, and early '70s and just didn't see a match for it.

In any event...........if it's not a Grundig/Eton, a couple of other good possibilities would be either NordMende or Blaupunkt.
They both made tabletops during the '50s and '60s which had similar designs and styling to the one shown in the background here.
And there are probably other Swedish/German/European manufacturers that I am either not recalling, or have just never heard of, which used a similar design scheme.
I'd guess, though, that it's definitely from sometime between the early '50s and late '60s (maybe early '70s, at latest) and that it's European-made.
Wish I could help you more, but outside of some pics of old radios that I've collected on my own, I don't have a definitive reference source to scour for any additional information.
I'd love to know the make and model too, though, if anybody else out there recognizes it.

Re: What's the brand and model of the older tabletop radio on "CBS This Morning"?

It looks like a Grundig Majestic from the 1950's.

The Radio's styling is definitely German. I am thinking Saba, Nordmende, Blaupunkt, or maybe Telefunken. It looks very much like a Nordmende as far as the styling is concerned.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom