• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

What's next for 103.1 in Central Long Island?

Beyonce off her "texas holdem" success plans to cover Dollys "Jolene" thatd be an interesting single.
I believe that's already on her upcoming album, which will be released on Friday. The two songs released so far have done their job -- getting people outside the "Beyhive" and pop music media talking (and writing) about Beyonce and her music. Her interviews about the nature of the album have been vague so far. Must admit that I'll be among the multitudes hitting Spotify Friday morning for a listen.

The Wolf's Facebook page indicates they will reveal who will be their first DJ, Monday morning. They posted a drawing showing an outline of a gal who appears to have paws instead of hands 🙂 .

According to Radio Insight, the syndicated Big D & Bubba will be the morning show on The Wolf, starting this Monday. Personally I find the show quite entertaining. But its tone seems rather rural for Long Island.
The midday host for several weeks has been Alexa Neo. She has been on a couple of other Long Island stations. But I believe this is her first fulltime gig as a radio personality.

Syndicated Morning Show For The Wolf

The Wolf 103.1 appears to be off to a solid start. In its first full month as a Country station, overall ratings rose from 2.3 to 2.9.
That's good for #9 in the Nassau/Suffolk market.

Theres so many great country songs now ive really been spinin "i had some help" by post alone f/morgan wallen.
This wk debuted #15 on the country aiplay chart & #29 on the pop top40 airplay chart.
At this rate should even be getting spins on Z100.
Even though MarkW whos evidently not a wallen fan for some reason probably still wont like it. ;)

Theres so many great country songs now ive really been spinin "i had some help" by post alone f/morgan wallen.
This wk debuted #15 on the country aiplay chart & #29 on the pop top40 airplay chart.
At this rate should even be getting spins on Z100.

FYI The Post Malone song is already getting spins on Z-100. Mediabase says it got 59 spins, and is in their Top 10.'

Z100 is also playing the Kane Brown duet with Marshmello.

I'm not sure what to make of all this. Country/pop crossovers are nothing new, but it seems as if this is a concerted effort by the country music industry to establish itself in just about every radio format.

I'm curious to see where this takes country radio. Can the format handle this kind of diversity? And who crosses over next? A new Keith Urban/Lainey Wilson collab just came out that might get both of them on hot AC. Thomas Rhett's next single has a pure pop arrangement and a catchy melody that might work on traditional AC. Is this a country "bubble," headed for a bust, or a sea change in popular music?

I'm not sure what to make of all this. Country/pop crossovers are nothing new, but it seems as if this is a concerted effort by the country music industry to establish itself in just about every radio format.

Isn't that what Adele and Beyonce were doing? I don't see this as a country industry thing, but rather the entire music industry, to eliminate genres. From Post's point of view, he sees this as a country song.

How does country radio handle it? They appear to be fully backing the Post Malone song. But the Kane Brown song appears to be getting more play on pop radio than country. The Keith Urban duet wasn't aimed at radio, but social media.

Wallen has a show at giants stadium tonite & tomorrow !!
I wonder if this station will be there ??
I should take a drive there to see how close i can get to the tailgaters
We tried that last yr when Taylor was there mem wknd it was a madhouse couldnt even get close.

Wallen has a show at giants stadium tonite & tomorrow !!
I wonder if this station will be there ??
I should take a drive there to see how close i can get to the tailgaters
We tried that last yr when Taylor was there mem wknd it was a madhouse couldnt even get close.
There was no show at Giants stadium...

Back
Top Bottom