• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

What's happening to NJ 101.5?

Their ratings have been TANKING (except in the Trenton market, which isn't PPM) across NJ. They haven't changed drastically (as far as I can tell), so what's going on? :confused:

Their ratings have been TANKING (except in the Trenton market, which isn't PPM) across NJ. They haven't changed drastically (as far as I can tell), so what's going on? :confused:

Listen to the station and it's clear why not as many people are listening as before. Staff turn-over and the station has lost its former "edge."

The morning show is still a good source of news, traffic and weather and occasional interesting and relevant topics. After 10am its all downhill, boring ridiculous topics and tedious personalities. Weekend music programing is stale due to too much repetition, the DJs do a good job, however news which is what a lot of listeners tune in to NJ101.5 for is lacking in most weekend day parts. I think some other format other then classic hits would help the weekend ratings, however I'm not sure what would work. Another factor is that the NJ101.5 signal is no where near as good as it used to be. In eastern Monmouth County where it used to boom in is now plagued with static and interference probably due to pirates. Talk radio in general is in a decline and classic hits are well covered by NYC and Phila stations. NJ101.5 doesn't offer much quality content for NJ listeners anymore.

Listen to the station and it's clear why not as many people are listening as before. Staff turn-over and the station has lost its former "edge."

In the home market, Trenton, the Fall share tied the highest level achieved in the past 6 years. That's the core for the station, and they are doing fine there.

In Middlesex-Somerset, they are above the mean share level for the same 6 year period. In Sussex, they are at the lower end of the .6 to 1.3 6-year range, but that is not a market they have ever done hugely in. In Monmouth / Ocean, they were higher than all but two of the books from the last 6 years, and considerably higher than the 2008-2010 years. In Morristown, they are above the 6-year mean, also, and 50% above the prior two books. Atlantic City "doesn't count" as they ended the simulcast there before the Fall, 2009 book.

I don't understand why you say "not as many people are listening as before" as it seems that reality is totally contrary to your statement.

Listen to the station and it's clear why not as many people are listening as before.

... except that "not as many people are listening" is not true.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom