• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

What Is The Largest Market Without A K-Love Affiliate?

Certainly the gameplan changed and the splintering of the Contemporary Christian format likely encouraged that as well.

Pretty much - and with the need now to be more than just "radio" EMF is clearly working not only at ensuring their branding is on the dial in virtually every city, but they are investing in things like podcasting etc... to expand that online presence as well.

The multi-milllion $$ enterprise's constant begging for listener support -- while buying every station it could ("money's no problem with us !!! " ) was a big turnoff for me (and others). I haven't listened in decades, nor care to

EMF's message is quite empty IMHO.
K-Love is just a CHR station with "Jesus" in the lyrics of some songs. And it's clearly operated like a commercial station, but without the ads. So basically your donation does nothing more than replacing the ads, instead of helping them preach the Gospel nationwide.

No affiliate in Spokane/Coeur D'Alene to my knowledge. They have two locally-owned CCM stations and a ton of religious teaching/preaching stations (KMBI Moody Radio is one of them), some of which have conservative Christian talk programming.

I wouldn't doubt if EMF does buy some lowly Spokane station in the near future, however. It would be a national alternative to the other CCM stations, and Spokane/Coeur D'Alene lean towards the right (the Idaho side is strongly conservative).

The multi-milllion $$ enterprise's constant begging for listener support -- while buying every station it could ("money's no problem with us !!! " ) was a big turnoff for me (and others). I haven't listened in decades, nor care to
What is wrong with the logic of wanting to bring their music and message to everyone possible? Since they are listener supported with no advertising, of course they will frequently ask for listener support... and that still takes of lots less time than a full schedule of commercials.

EMF's message is quite empty IMHO.
K-Love is just a CHR station with "Jesus" in the lyrics of some songs. And it's clearly operated like a commercial station, but without the ads. So basically your donation does nothing more than replacing the ads, instead of helping them preach the Gospel nationwide.
I would argue it's AC. Have you heard secular AC lately?

No affiliate in Spokane/Coeur D'Alene to my knowledge. They have two locally-owned CCM stations and a ton of religious teaching/preaching stations (KMBI Moody Radio is one of them), some of which have conservative Christian talk programming.

I wouldn't doubt if EMF does buy some lowly Spokane station in the near future, however. It would be a national alternative to the other CCM stations, and Spokane/Coeur D'Alene lean towards the right (the Idaho side is strongly conservative).
You're correct - there's no K-Love affiliate in Spokane-Coeur d'Alene. Nearest affiliate is KRKL 93.3 Walla Walla/Tri Cities. Spokane has four CCM stations (89.1, 101.9/107.5, 104.5 and 104.9/94.9) - the latter two locally operated, and six religious preaching stations (96.5, 97.3/93.3, 97.7, 106.1, 106.5 and 107.9).

101.9 KTSL is an Air1 affiliate, and I'm thinking if EMF were to introduce K-Love, Radio Nueva, or Boost, they might use an HD subchannel - either by upgrading 101.9 or getting into some deal with iHeart or the owners of KEEH to use one of their HD channels.

You're correct - there's no K-Love affiliate in Spokane-Coeur d'Alene. Nearest affiliate is KRKL 93.3 Walla Walla/Tri Cities. Spokane has four CCM stations (89.1, 101.9/107.5, 104.5 and 104.9/94.9) - the latter two locally operated, and six religious preaching stations (96.5, 97.3/93.3, 97.7, 106.1, 106.5 and 107.9).

101.9 KTSL is an Air1 affiliate, and I'm thinking if EMF were to introduce K-Love, Radio Nueva, or Boost, they might use an HD subchannel - either by upgrading 101.9 or getting into some deal with iHeart or the owners of KEEH to use one of their HD channels.
Let me get this straight: Spokane has an Air One affiliate? K-Love is EMF's "bread and butter"!

Let me get this straight: Spokane has an Air One affiliate? K-Love is EMF's "bread and butter"!
That's correct. Spokane has Air1, but no K-Love. Spokane don't really need it anyway, as they have three additional CCM stations - WayFM 89.1, Joy 104.5 (New!), and Shine 104.9.

Boost is a channel?
Boost is a Christian hip-hop network owned and operated by St. Louis-based Gateway Creative Broadcasting, KXBS 95.5 being the flagship station. EMF has a deal with Gateway that has resulted in Boost expanding to a handful of EMF HD subchannels across the country: 97.9-HD3 in Chicago, 96.3-HD2 in Minneapolis, 98.3-HD3 in Pittsburgh, 107.3-HD4 in Fayetteville NC, and 97.9-HD3 in Portland.

I would argue it's AC. Have you heard secular AC lately?
I listen either KIIS-FM, KAMP or KSPN most of the time, so no.
If anyone felt hurt by my opinion on K-Love, please accept my apologies. To be honest tho, if I have to choose the best Christian station, I'd say it's either NGEN or Radio U. In my humble opinion, of course

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom