• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

What Is Stern Saying About Imus?

T

Those RRRRs

I remember hearing Stern refer to Imus as an old man that everyone has forgotten about. But Stern got away with saying things that were even more controversial than anything Imus ever said for years.

Since Stern left terrestrial radio because activist groups and the FCC were on his back, has anyone heard any comments that he has made about the Imus situation?

Even though they probably hate each other, I thought maybe Stern would empathize with Imus since Stern could have found himself in the same boat before he switched to Sirius.

Personnally, when XM and Sirius. are merged, I would hope they put Imus back on the air!!!! Jesse Hijackson and Al have had their fame this week but no fortune!! Gee whiz Stevie Wonders 1976 hit "I Wish" has the same lyrics in the 1st two verses, only w/o the Hoe! Should XM and Sirius not play this song, I mean what if Al and Hijackson wanted another Jock terminated!!! Where do we draw the line, Im wondering why these two guys have so much power?

Those RRRRs said:
I remember hearing Stern refer to Imus as an old man that everyone has forgotten about. But Stern got away with saying things that were even more controversial than anything Imus ever said for years.

Since Stern left terrestrial radio because activist groups and the FCC were on his back, has anyone heard any comments that he has made about the Imus situation?

Even though they probably hate each other, I thought maybe Stern would empathize with Imus since Stern could have found himself in the same boat before he switched to Sirius.

I think they patched things up. When Stern first started at WNBC (now WFAN), Imus was drinking and on cocaine. So, Imus was pretty much an a$$hole to him, plus he was riding high and Stern was the new kid on the block. After that, Stern and Imus had a rocky relationship as co-workers and Stern took jabs at Imus on air. After Howard got fired from WNBC, and eventually came back to New York on WXRK 92.3, things were a little better between Stern and Imus, but Imus was not pleased about his portrayal in PRIVATE PARTS. Now, that Stern is at Sirius, I have heard Imus praise him many times. He even bought Sirius stock after Stern came on board. I don't think the two will ever be best buds, but I do think the rift is no longer there.

no stern has been ripping him all week although he says its stupid that he got fired. :mad: :mad:

glock509 said:
no stern has been ripping him all week although he says its stupid that he got fired. :mad: :mad:

Hmmm. If I were in Howard's shoes, I probably would feel the same about Imus. Being I don't listen to Stern, I was just looking at the situation, after listening to Imus for awhile, and it didn't sound like the rift was there anymore. Stern probably still has some CBS Radio stock, and without Imus, it is surely to fall in price.

...Stern has not only been shredding Imus for the last week plus, he has threatened to quit outright if Sirius hires Bernard McGuirk. With as much Sirius stock as Stern holds, Imus' only hope of getting on satellite would be to swing a deal with XM before the merger goes through. Of course, the profit ratio of the Imus show for CBS Radio was incredibly low ($10 Million paid to Imus per year for only $2 Million profit), so it's unlikely XM will come through with whatever bread Imus would want...

Howard played audio this week of Imus rashing sterns girlfriend Beth.. one of his sidekicks did a real bad(and racist) Jason Williams (from the Nets-who is on trial for murder) Saying that she has a smelly crotch, herpes, and other really messed up tasteless stuff... I mus should have been fired for that. He really is a no talent loser and I'm amazed he lasted this long on MSNBC/CBS but he definitely deserved to get canned.. Howard has ripped him pretty much non stop since last wekkk...

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom